Hertz ML Power 5
D-CLASS FIVE CHANNEL AMPLIFIER
Mille Hertz ML Power 5 power amplifiers are born to fully enhance the outstanding performance of the Mille speakers. The new ADC (ADVANCED D-CLASS TECHNOLOGY) ensures pure listening pleasure while keeping a compact size with unmatched power efficiency.
The heat sink, engineered with double technology, extrusion, and aluminum die-casting, enables the Mille Power amplifiers to work constantly at full power without ever overheating, further maximizing thermal efficiency. The ultra-versatile Hertzaudio car amplifier ML Power 5 (100 W x 4 + 550 W 2 Ω) provides the ability to drive a Mille system including the subwoofer. The HRC BM (Hertz Remote Control Bass Management), low frequencies level remote control, is optional.
About the Hertz Mille ML Power 5
For anyone looking for a high-octane rush, this is the place to be. A powerful amplifier, such as Hertz’s Mille ML Power 5, is needed if you want a powerful sound experience while driving. This 5-channel amp will give 60 watts RMS to each of your front and rear speakers and 550 watts RMS to a subwoofer, which is the kind of power that helps aftermarket parts sound their best. In 3-channel mode, you could power your front speakers with 200 watts RMS each while sending 550 watts RMS to a subwoofer.
Tri-amp a 3-way Active System
The onboard variable crossovers on the ML Power 5 have extremely wide frequency ranges — up to 3300 Hz — so you might use the amp to power two tweeters with one pair of channels, a few midrange drivers with the other pair, and a subwoofer with its own band.
This amp was designed by Hertz using advanced D-Class technologies to ensure efficient and dependable performance. The heat sink on the amp is made of both extruded and die-cast aluminum, which helps to keep the amp cold even when pressed hard. Since the high-level inputs include Hertz’ ARTTM (Automatic Remote Turn-on), this amp can be used to enhance the sound in nearly any device, even those that use the factory radio.
You can monitor the subwoofer volume from your front seat using an optional HRC BM wired remote control bass management knob.
|Channel mode||5 – 3|
|Output Power (RMS)|
@ 14.4 VDC
|5 Ch 70 W x 4 + 380 W x 1 (4Ω)|
5 Ch 100 W x 4 + 550 W x 1 (2Ω)
3 Ch 200 W x 2 (4Ω) + 380 W x 1 (4Ω)
3 Ch 200 W x 2 (4Ω) + 550 W x 1 (2Ω)
|A Ch: 40 ÷ 150 Hz @ 12 dB/Oct. – B Ch: 80 ÷ 3.3k Hz @ 12 dB/Oct.|
C Ch: 40 ÷ 500 Hz @ 24 dB/Oct.
A Ch: 40 ÷ 150 Hz @ 12 dB/Oct. – 80 ÷ 3.3k Hz (LO) @ 12 dB/Oct.
|Distortion – THD|
(100Hz @ 4Ω)
(A weighted @ 1V)
|100 dB A & B Ch – 106 dB C Ch|
(100Hz @ 4Ω)
|50 A & B Ch – 90 C Ch|
|Size W x D x H|
|170 x 349 x 46.70 – (6.69′ x 13.74′ x 1.84′)|
Input / Output
Hertz ML Power 5 Calgary Technology
ADVANCED D-CLASS TECHNOLOGY
Ensures pure listening pleasure while keeping a compact size with unmatched power efficiency.
LEDS STATUS DISPLAY
It monitors the amplifiers operating status in real-time pointing out possible faults such as overheating, excessive loads on the outputs or short-circuits on cables or loudspeakers. This information allows the user to identify possible issues with the installation and to intervene before the amplifier goes into protection to prevent any damages.
HDP IN & ART(TM)
The ML Power IN module features a Speaker In input (with balanced circuitry minimizing noise) for OEM head units and an RCA IN input for aftermarket sources. When the Speaker In is used, the ART™ function (Automatic Remote Turn On-Off) is enabled, managing the amplifier remote turn on to avoid unpleasant “bumps”.
The heat sink, engineered with double technology, extrusion, and aluminum die-casting, enables the Mille Power amplifiers to work constantly at full power without ever overheating, further maximizing thermal efficiency.
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||60 x 4|
310 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||—|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||5-50k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||80-3.3kAB, 50-500C|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/oct AB, 24dB/oct C|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||40-150 A, 80-3300B|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||Euroblock|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Hertz ML Power 5 Features
Overview: The Hertz Mille Power series amplifiers feature Advanced D-Class (ADC) technology to deliver high-end performance and efficiency. They feature thermally-optimized, double-extruded aluminum heat sinks. Heat is transferred away from the internal components and out to the heat sinks where it is dissipated through the sides of the amp. Mille Power amps are optimized to drive Mille-series speakers and subwoofers. The ML Power 5 is a 5-channel amplifier for driving front and rear speakers and subwoofers.
CEA-2006-A Power Output: The ML Power 5 is compliant with the CEA-2006-A Amplifier Power Standard, which makes it easy for consumers to compare amplifier power specs from one brand to another. The amplifier’s CEA-2006-A ratings include:
- RMS Power (4Ω, ≤ 1% THD+N, 14.4 volts): 60 watts x 4 + 310 watts x 1
- S/N Ratio (ref. 1W output): 80 dBA (Front/Rear), 84 dBA (Sub)
Hertz Power Output Specs: Hertz publishes the following power output specs (RMS Output Power, 14.4 volts, THD 1%):
- 5 Channel: 70 watts x 4 (4Ω) + 380 watts x 1 (4Ω)
- 5 Channel: 100 watts x 4 (2Ω) + 550 watts x 1 (2Ω)
- 3 Channel: 200 watts x 2 (4Ω) + 380 watts x 1 (4Ω)
- 3 Channel: 200 watts x 2 (4Ω) + 550 watts x 1 (2Ω)
Auto Remote Turn-On (ART): The ML Power 5 features ART (Auto Remote Turn-On) which automatically powers on and off the amplifier when an audio signal (or lack of one) is detected on the speaker-level inputs. This is especially helpful when connecting the amplifier to an OEM radio. It eliminates the need for running a remote lead from the head unit to the amp. ART is only available with Speaker Level inputs.
Optional Hertz Remote Control (HRC BM): The ML Power 5 is compatible with the optional HRC BM remote control. The HRC BM allows you to adjust the volume down to -50dB or up to 6dB. The rotary control has a detent at 0dB to mark the normal amp output. The HRC BM comes with a 19.5′ cable.
Amplifier Controls: The versatile Hertz ML Power 5 has a full array of filters and controls to help you configure your audio system for maximum performance. Most of the controls are located on top of the amplifier, under a removable cover, and include the following:
Hertz ML Power 5 Description
- Levels: The rotary Level controls let you match the input of the amplifier to the output of your head unit. The amp will accept either line-level (RCA) or speaker-level (harness) inputs. The sensitivity range is 0.2V to 5V (preamp level) or 0.8V to 20V (speaker level). There are separate level controls for the Front, Rear, and Subchannels.
- Hi-In Auto Turn-On: You can activate or deactivate the ART (Automatic Remote Turn-On) feature with the 2-way switch, located on the end of the amplifier. When set to On, you must use the Hi-In speaker level inputs. (This switch is located on the side of the amp.)
- Front Channels: The following controls are for the front (A) channels:
- Pass Mode: The front channels can be operated in full range, or filtered with a low pass or high pass crossover. This 3-way switch lets you choose Full (no filter), Hi (high pass), or Band (in bandpass mode, with low pass filter).
- Hi-Pass: When the Mode switch is set to Hi, this rotary dial lets you set the cut-off frequency of the filter between 40 to 150 Hz. It has a slope of 12dB/octave.
- Bandpass Controls: If the Mode switch is set to Band, the Hi-Pass and Lo Pass filters combine into a Bandpass Filter for Woofer/Tweeter components. The Low Pass Range is 80-3.3kHz, and the High Pass Range is 40-150Hz. It has a slope of 12dB/octave.
- Rear Channels: The following controls are for the rear (B) channels:
- Mode: Two-way switch for determining the rear channel crossover-type: Full or Hi-Pass.
- Hi-Pass: This rotary control sets the cut-off frequency for the high pass filter (80-3.3kHz) on the rear channels. It has a slope of 12dB/octave.
- B Input: The B Input switch lets you indicate the source of the B channel signal. If you have a dedicated B channel input, the switch should be in the “B” position. If there is no separate input, the switch should be in the “A” position, and the B channels will receive the signal from the A input. (This switch is located on the side of the amp.)
- Sub Channels: The following controls are for the subchannel:
- Sub Input: If you are connecting the Sub In RCA Inputs, this button should be in the “Sub” position. If the sub-channel doesn’t have its own input, the switch should be in the “A+B” position. The sub-channel will receive a mono signal from the A and B channels. (This switch is located on the side of the amp.)
- Lo Pass: This rotary control sets the cut off frequency for the low pass filter (50-500 Hz)
- Amp Mode: This 2-way push-button lets you choose between 5CH (5-channel) or 3CH (3-channel) mode.
- Remote Volume Control: This 2-way slide switch should be in the On position when you have connected the optional HRC BM remote volume control.
Connections: The ML Power 5 has the following connections:
- Power/Ground/Remote Turn-on: The amplifier is equipped with set-screw-type terminals for power, ground, and remote turn-on. The power and ground terminals will accept up to 4 AWG wires, while the remote terminal will accept up to 10 AWG wires. In most cases, 4 AWG power and ground wires are recommended. Typically, an 18 AWG remote turn-on lead is used, unless the Automatic Remote Turn-on (ART) is used. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head screwdriver (not included).
- Fuses: Two 40A ATO (blade type) fuses are installed in the amplifier. Two spare fuses are also included. An 80A fuse should be placed within 18″ of the battery on the +12V power wire as well.
- Speaker Outputs: The amp provides set screw terminals for five speakers. The minimum impedance rating for the connected load is 2Ω. The set screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head screwdriver (not included).
- RCA Input: Three stereo RCA inputs are provided for connecting an aftermarket head unit to the amplifier. The inputs will accept a signal between 0.2V and 5V.
- Speaker Input: The speaker inputs, labeled “Hi In,” feature 4-pin Euroblock-type connectors. The Sub Hi-In has a 2-pin connector. The removable connectors have slots for the source unit’s speaker wires. The Euroblock connector requires a small flat head screwdriver (not included). The speaker inputs will accept a signal between 0.8V and 20V.
- Remote Volume Control: The optional HRC BM (Hertz Remote Control-Bass Management) allows you to adjust the output volume of the amplifier from the dashboard. The amplifier has a 3.5mm connector to accept the plug from the remote control’s cable.
Additional Hertz ML Power 5 Specifications:
- Power Supply: 11-15 Volts DC
- Idling Current: 3A (on); 0.04 mA (off)
- Consumption (2Ω, 14.4V Max Musical Power): 50A
- Remote In: 4-15 Volts DC / 1mA
- Frequency Bandwidth (-3dB): 5Hz to 50kHz (A+B), 5Hz to 500Hz (Sub)
- Distortion – THD (100Hz at 4Ω): 0.08%
- S/N Ratio (A-weighted at 1V): 100dB (A+B), 106dB (Sub)
- Damping Factor (100Hz at 4Ω): 50 (A+B), 90 (Sub)
- Pre-in Impedance: 15kΩ
- Speaker-in Impedance: 470Ω
Hertz ML Power 5 For High-Powered Thrill-Seekers
If you want a powerful sound experience while you’re driving, you need to get a powerful amplifier like Hertz’s Mille ML Power 5. This 5-channel amp can send each of your front and rear speakers 60 watts RMS and a subwoofer 550 watts RMS, which is the kind of power that makes aftermarket components sound their best. You could also use this amplifier in 3-channel mode to power your front speakers with 200 watts RMS each while sending 550 watts RMS to a subwoofer.
Tri-amp a 3-way active system
The ML Power 5’s onboard variable crossovers have extraordinarily wide frequency ranges — stretching up to 3300 Hz — so, for instance, you could use the amp to power two tweeters with one pair of channels, a couple of midrange drivers with the other pair, plus a subwoofer with its own channel.
Fits and works almost anywhere
Hertz engineered this amp using advanced D-Class technology to ensure efficient and reliable performance. The amp’s heat sink is built with both extruded and die-cast aluminum to help keep the amp running cool, even when pushed hard. High-level inputs feature Hertz’ ART™ (Automatic Remote Turn-on), so this amp can be used to improve the sound in almost any system, even one using the factory radio.
An optional HRC BM wired remote control bass management knob lets you control the subwoofer level from your front seat.
When you think of Italian cars, you think of style, performance, and awesome sound. The same goes for Italian audio gear. Hertz speakers, subs, and amps have made cars sound super since 1998. Known for great sound and technological innovation, high-end gear from Hertz will bring powerful performance audio to any vehicle or vessel.
Mille ML Power 5 input panel
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 60 watts RMS x 4 + 310 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 550 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class-D amplifier technology
- frequency response: Ch A & B: 5-50,000 Hz; Sub: 8-500 Hz
- Channel A:
- variable high-pass filter (40-150 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- bandpass setting adds a variable low-pass filter (80-3300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Channel B:
- variable high-pass filter (80-3300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Subwoofer channel:
- variable low-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
Other Hertz ML Power 5 Features:
- optional HRC BM wired remote level control for the subwoofer channel
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- Automatic Remote Turn-on with speaker-level inputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 2
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground wire recommended
- 13-11/16″W x 1-7/8″H x 6-3/4″D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ML POWER 5
What’s in the Hertz ML Power 5 box:
Hertz Mille ML Power 5 owner’s manual
- 5-Channel amplifier
- Four 40A ATO fuses (2 installed)
- Four 1″ self-tapping screws
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty card