Viper LCD 2-Way Remote Start
System Part Number: 5906V
Responder HD features Viper’s most advanced color remote! Operating a one-mile range, 2-Way security, and remote start system with an upgraded user interface, mini-USB charging port, and patented menu wheel.
No effort has been spared by the Viper development team to create the ultimate color keychain remote control. Operating Viper’s top-of-the-line, one-mile range 2-Way vehicle security and remote start system is a breeze!
The Viper Responder HD is the winner of the coveted CES 2009 Innovations Award. Some of the milestones achieved by our team include:
- Viper’s first one-mile range color remote, using 900 MHz Spread Spectrum Technology (SST)
- A brand new user interface, for the first time utilizing the patented Menu Wheel
- New custom Viper animations, to confirm user commands and illustrate system events, on a 128 x 128-pixel Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) high contrast panel, with 262K and 65K full colors, and a wide 160° viewing angle, employing an anti-glare polarizer for enhanced daylight visibility
- The OLED display panel on the Viper Responder HD color remote is 20% larger than previous LCD panels on a keychain remote
Innovation Viper Remote Starts
- Viper has created a sophisticated and complex remote control. It is more intuitive than competing security products.
- It walks the new user through the system operation on-screen while delivering tons of real-time information for the power user.
- Viper completely re-thought the manual layouts.
- Users can play with the remote
- they can easily find a quick and simple explanation with references to as much detail as they want.
Built-in Info Center
The Responder HD status screen has an information center built into it!
- The Info Center displays the remote start run-time remaining before the engine shuts off, as well as the vehicle interior temperature.
- This allows one to know if it has warmed up or cooled off enough to make your drive comfortable.
- It also displays the Countdown and Parking Meter timers when running
- The parking meter timer emits warnings at 15 minutes, 5 minutes, and at expiration.
- You can stop, start or clear these timers any time in the Status Screen using the Menu Wheel.
- These 4 bits of information can be displayed in the Info Center
- Press the menu wheel while the Status screen is active to toggle and show each one.
Two Car operation
When users decide to change to a paired 2nd vehicle, Responder HD will automatically check the vehicle’s availability
- if the desired car is not available it will let you know.
- If the vehicle is available, it will automatically update the information displayed on the status screen
- Know if the vehicle needs to be disarmed, or if the engine is running.
Security system Sensor Status in real-time
When arming with a security zone active, Responder HD will receive a report that will identify by name the active zone
- The display has a special icon on the Status Screen.
- The report will identify all zones that are active (up to 7) by name during the report output.
For the first time, Responder HD reports any sensors that have been bypassed by the Nuisance Prevention Circuitry (NPC™) feature
- Any time there is a change of status in the sensors (NPC or a bypassed zone resets,) Responder HD will receive a message from the system and the All Zones OK icon will be displayed.
Users can bypass sensors by selecting the level and sensors they wish to bypass.
- Responder HD will identify the bypassed sensors on-screen and by name so the user knows exactly the level of security they have chosen.
- After bypassing sensors, the Sensor Status icon will be updated so the user can easily see those sensors are bypassed each time the Status Screen is displayed.
Remote start Fault and Not Available reporting
If the user attempts to operate a security or remote start feature that is not available, Responder HD will identify the fault so it can be quickly resolved.
The intended use and user value of Viper Responder HD constitute nothing less than a new higher level of connection between drivers and their vehicles. With an MSRP of $799, Responder HD is a new level of luxury in the world of vehicle security and convenience. From up to one-mile distance from their vehicle, users can stay in constant contact using an advanced and elegant, full-color interface device: their Responder HD keychain remote.
|Remote Confirmation||Priority Icon Map with OLED Display|
|Remotes||Includes 1-Way Companion Remote|
|Range||Up to 1 Mile|
|Stinger DoubleGuard Shock Sensor||✓|
|Neo Revenger 6-Tone Siren||✓|
|Failsafe Starter Kill||✓|
|Guaranteed Protection Plan (GPP)||✓|
|# of Auxiliary Channels||4|
Responder HD features Viper’s most advanced color remote, operating a one-mile range, 2-Way security, and remote start system with an upgraded user interface, mini-USB charging port, and patented menu wheel.
The OLED display panel on the Viper Responder HD color remote is 20% larger than previous LCD panels on a keychain remote.
SuperCode is the technology that defines the functionality of Responder and the intelligence that drives its advanced features. Its protocol encompasses software-based system signal encryption (replacing hardware-based Clone Safe Code-Hopping). Multi-car operation is designed into the SuperCode protocol, so users will have all of the possible operations for two cars controllable by one remote.
Start, control, or locate your car from virtually anywhere with your smartphone.
You can add a Viper SmartStart module to any compatible Viper remote start or security with a remote start system to make your system SmartStart ready. By adding a VSM350 module, your system will also be ready for SmartStart GPS.