Hertz CK 165
Cento Series 6-1/2″ Component Speaker System
Two-way systems Hertz CK 165 features the new C 26 tweeter featuring a 26 mm (1 in.) Tetolon® dome and 20 mm (0.8 in.) voice coil for detailed and natural reproduction of medium-high frequencies. The R&D team worked extensively to optimize the C 26 dispersion characteristics to maximize performance on the listening point, with a natural and progressive roll-off and a natural timbre that favors frequency linearity. Much time was invested in the research of the perfect material for the C 165 woofer cones: through a long process of customization of the materials, SPP-M was selected (Semi Pressed Paper-Mica), which preserves the natural sound of the semi-pressed paper and enhances it with Mica powder improving rigidity.
The result is an excellent balance between lightness and damping, essential for a powerful and controlled emission. The oversized ferrite magnet provides excellent control even at higher excursions. The ultra-compact CCX 2 crossover featuring tweeter emission level control (0, +3 dB) uses selected components for a full and engaging sound. The CG 165 grilles included in the Cento systems brighten up the car interior with their sophisticated design. Made of high resistance ABS with metal mesh, they offer a high degree of protection within a compact size, ideal for in-car installation.
Best Speaker Design
The Cento Series may sound like magic, but it is the product of meticulous planning and content selection by Hertz’s team of experts. A separate Tetolon® dome tweeter is used in the CK 165 component speaker system for precise sound with a natural timbre and seamless transitions. The semi-pressed paper and mica powder woofer cone deliver the lower frequencies of your music with precision and effect. Superior damping is also important to the sound of these speakers; reduced resonance eliminates distortion, resulting in Hertz’s iconic truer-to-life sound. External, lightweight crossovers with two tweeter levels allow you to fine-tune the sound in your car.
|Power Handling – Peak W||285|
|Power Handling – Continuous W||95|
|Frequency response Hz||55 ÷ 22,5k|
|Sensitivity dB SPL||93|
|Voice coil Ø mm (in.)||Woofer 25 (1)|
|Woofer size mm (in.)||165 (6.5)|
|Tweeter size mm (in.)||26 (1)|
|Woofer magnet||High-density flux ferrite|
|Woofer Cone||Semi Pressed Paper-Mica|
|Crossover type||2 Way Passive Crossover|
|Crossover cut off||2,5 kHz @ 12 dB Oct.|
1. Soft Tetolon® fiber 26 mm (1 in.) dome and 20 mm (0.8 in.) voice coil, for a natural and yet detailed reproduction of musical nuances.
2. Neodymium magnet with high-density magnetic flux, optimized for maximum control during high-energy dynamic transients in the mid-high frequency range.
3. Faceplate geometry optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modeling) technique for linear frequency response in off-axis installations.
4. Wide range of accessories, for easy integration in OEM placements.
1. 165 mm (6.5 in.) semi-pressed paper cone SPP-M (Semi Pressed Paper- Mica) enhanced with Mica powder for an excellent balance between lightness and damping.
2. High-density flux ferrite magnet combined with low-carbon polar plates for reduced distortion at high power levels.
3. 25 mm (1 in.) voice coil featuring an aluminum former to guarantee high excursion and power handling.
4. Compact and transparent three-spoke basket acoustically combined with a rubber magnet cover for total damping of spurious vibrations.
5. Provided elegant grille made with high-resistance ABS plastic structure with a metallic finish combined with a protective metal mesh.
1. Tweeter level adjustment through a three-position switch (0, +3 dB) for an optimal tone balance that can be customized by the user.
2. Low-loss factor capacitors and low resistance inductances made with pure copper, for maximum sound transparency and clear high frequencies.
3. Compact design with a metallic finish for easy installation, with air vents for efficient heat dissipation.
SPP-M (Semi Pressed Paper-Mica) cone enhanced with Mica powder for an excellent balance between lightness and damping.
Features & Specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1″ Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Semi-Pressed Paper reinforced|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||93|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||55 – 22.5k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||—|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||95|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||285|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/2|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 11/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 5/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.311|
Features of Hertz CK 165
Size Classification Note: Some manufacturers, including Hertz, call this size woofer a 6½”. Because it requires a larger cutout than a standard 6½” speaker, Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size speaker as a 6¾”. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses laser and computer software to do a large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, helps Hertz optimize the speaker’s motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
Tweeter Mounting: Brackets are included for flush mounting and angled surface mounting (60° or 30°) the tweeters.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|Flush Mount||60° Angled Surface Mount||30° Angled Surface Mount|
Crossovers: Each crossover has a tweeter output level switch; choose between 0dB (flat) and +3dB. The crossover point is 2.5 kHz and the slope is 12 dB/octave (low pass and high pass). The inputs and outputs are screw terminals that will accept bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.315″ wide. The woofer has quick slide terminals, so crimp-on terminals can be added (item number 120FQS10PK, sold separately) to provide the needed terminals.
- Width: 4″
- Height: 1⅜”
- Depth: 3″
About the Hertz CK 165
Premium materials and design
The Cento Series sounds like magic — but it’s actually the result of carefully considered design and materials by Hertz’s team of experts. The CK 165 component speaker system employs a separate Tetolon® dome tweeter for detailed sound defined by a natural timbre and smooth transitions. The semi-pressed paper and mica powder woofer cone delivers your music’s lower frequencies with accuracy and impact. Superior damping is also key to the sound of these speakers — minimized resonance reduces distortion for Hertz’s famous truer-to-life sound. The system’s external, compact crossovers feature two tweeter levels to help you dial in the best sound in your vehicle.
The Hertz philosophy
Hertz believes that a good speaker should enhance the emotional power of the music you love. That’s a high bar, but with their commitment to using premium components and boundary-pushing design, they’re more than up to challenge. A community of music lovers, Hertz is committed to optimizing your car’s sound system for total audio enjoyment.
- component speaker system
- package includes two woofers, two tweeters, and two crossovers
- 6-1/2″ semi-pressed paper woofer with mica powder coating
- 1″ Tetolon dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover (2500 Hz at 12 dB per octave)
- handles up to 95 watts RMS (285 watts peak power)
- frequency range: 55-22,500 Hz
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-1/2″
- woofer grilles included
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CK 165
What’s in the box:
Hertz CK 165 owner’s manual
- Two C 165 Woofers
- Two C 26 Dome tweeters (with attached 9″ length of speaker wire)
- Two CCX 2 Crossover networks
- Tweeter flush mount clamps
- Angled surface mount housings
- Woofer grilles
- Grille putty
- Eight 3/4″ Screws (large head)
- Four 3/4″ Screws (small head)
- Four 5/8″ Flat head screws
- 8 Large speed clips
- 4 Small speed clips
- Owner’s manual (English/ Spanish/ French/ German/ Italian/ Portuguese/ 28 Others)
- Templates on box