Focal ES 165K2
K2 Power Series 6-1/2″ Component Speaker System (2-ohm)
The Focal ES 165K2 kit is composed of two 6½” (165 mm) woofers and has a very high sensitivity (92.8 dB/oct). The speaker drivers of the ES 165 K2 kit feature the K2 Power line’s famous yellow Kevlar® cones. Light, rigid, and with excellent damping, they provide extremely dynamic sound and perfect definition. Paired with the new TMD suspension, there’s no distortion whatsoever. The phase plug in the center of the cone improves sound dispersion around the vehicle.
The treble is reproduced by the two ‘M’-shaped aramid-fibre TKM inverted dome tweeters equipped with high-fidelity bi-amplified crossovers. High frequencies (up to 22 kHz) are perfectly reproduced, smoothly, and with precision.
About the Focal ES 165K2
The Elite K2 Power Series ES 165K2 part set, handcrafted in France, is the pinnacle of Focal’s passion for flawless sound, excellent standards, and technical advancements.
Focal’s sound engineers spent hours listening to music and building this line of speakers so that you can experience uncanny realism, sweeping rhythms, and breathtaking depth. This 2-ohm system draws the most input from your amp, resulting in more energy from your system.
Best Car Woofers
To replicate your music with exceptional precision, the 6-1/2″ woofer employs Focal’s iconic “W” sandwich cone style.
The nimble Kevlar and glass-fiber woofers exhibit the control required to perform delicate classical passages while still handling the strength required to propel your bass-heavy tracks authoritatively. Focal incorporates a new Tuned Mass Damper (TMD®) rubber surround that reduces harmonic distortion for the cleanest midrange possible. This device is also distinguished by the use of an aluminum phase plug in the woofer for prolonged frequency response.
Newly Redesigned Car Tweeters
The separate 13/16″ aramid fiber tweeter features a one-of-a-kind “M”-shaped inverted dome configuration that disperses highs with incredible accuracy up to 22,000 Hz.
The K2 Power crossovers use hand-made Focal components to produce an ideal blend of highs and lows for a dynamic stereo picture. Three degrees of tweeter control enable you to tailor the sound to the atmosphere of your vehicle.
- the component speaker system includes two 6-1/2″ woofers, 2 tweeters, 2 external crossovers, and 2 woofer grilles
- K2 Kevlar sandwich woofer cone
- Tuned Mass Damper (TMD®) rubber surround
- 13/16″ aramid fiber “M”-shaped inverted-dome tweeter
- 2-way external crossover with 3 tweeter level settings
- 2-ohm impedance
- power range: 6-100 watts RMS (200 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 60-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92.8 dB at 2.83 V
- mounting depth: 2-15/16″
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- MFR # ES 165K2
What’s in the Box:
- Two woofers
- Two inverted dome tweeters (with attached 20″ length of speaker wire)
- Crossover networks
- Tweeter flush mount cups (installed)
- Tweeter angled surface mount cups
- Dome protective washers
- Woofer grilles
- Woofer grille mounting rings
- 8 Speed clips
- Four 3/4″ Self-tapping screws
- Eight 1-1/8″ Self-tapping screws
- Owner’s manual (English/ French/ German/ Italian/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ Dutch/ Russian)
- 2 Focal window stickers
TMD SUSPENSION SAY GOODBYE TO DISTORTION
The new K2 Power TKM tweeter features an exclusive “M”-shaped structure. This new-generation aramid-fiber inverted dome tweeter provides great precision in the very high end, and its combination with a “push-pull” motor with IAL2 technology extends the low end of the frequency response and provides extraordinary harmonic balance