Kenwood Excelon Reference DMX1057XR
Digital Kenwood Excelon Reference DMX1057XR multimedia receiver (does not play DVD/CD discs)
INTRODUCING A REVOLUTIONARY 10.1 INCH HD DISPLAY
Large 10.1 inch HD display
Provides room for more information that is large and easy to see with just a glance.
Over 2x Area Size
of the 7-inch Display
— Overwhelming Power of Expression —
10.1″ Display features an electrostatic capacitive touch panel and HD 1280 x 720 pixel LCD panel with high luminance white LED backlight and superior wide viewing angles.
of the WVGA Display
BONDED OPTICAL DISPLAY
— VIVID COLORS WITH HIGH CONTRAST —
Optical Clear Adhesive (OCA) is added between the touch screen and the LCD to eliminate the air layer and suppress light reflection and glare. This feature enhances the contrast and brightness and maintains the visibility of the display in various environments.
Reflection of natural light
Light from backlight
Loss due to reflection
Loss due to reflection
of natural light
due to reflection
WIDER VIEWING ANGLE
— BEAUTIFUL FROM ANY SEAT —
The AAS display technology of the LCD panel assures you a wider viewing angle of 170° for both horizontal and vertical directions. Together with the protective film which minimizes reflection and glare from sunlight, you can enjoy clear images even from the passenger or back seats.
from Above 85°
from Left 85°
from Right 85°
from Below 85°
DRIVING WIDGET HOME SCREEN
The 10.1″ home screen is composed of a Driving Widget as well as a Source Control Widget overlaid on the background. You can move the Driving Widget from side to side or enlarge the Source Control Widget to optimize the screen for your intuitive operation. The Driving Widget allows selection of a clock, compass, or equalizer setting, etc., while the background allows selection of album art, audio visualizer, or photo.
FLOATING PANEL MECHANISM WITH
3-WAY POSITION ADJUSTMENT
Fully adjustable display allows you to change the depth, height and angle for easy vehicle fitment.
Forward / Backward: 13/16″
Up / Down: 1-9/16″
Tilt: -10°/ +45°
Safe, Smart and Comprehensive Control with Apple CarPlay™
Apple CarPlay™ is a safer way to use your iPhone in the car. Simply talk to Siri or touch the receiver’s display to get directions from Apple Maps, make phone calls, listen to voicemail, send and receive texts, and listen to music from Apple Music or your favorite 3rd party streaming services like Pandora and Spotify, all in a way that allows you to stay focused on the road. With the latest iOS version (iOS 12.0 and higher), 3rd party navigation apps like Google Maps and Waze are also supported.
New KENWOOD Wi-Fi receivers now support Apple CarPlay™
wirelessly (compatible phone required).
Android Auto for Easy Connectivity
Android Auto was designed with safety in mind, helping you to minimize distractions and stay focused on the road. KENWOOD’s multimedia receivers combine an intuitive voice controlled interface with a large touch screen and superior sound quality, making it the perfect complement for your in-car life. You can even listen to and control music from your favorite streaming services like Pandora and Spotify. Navigate to where you need to with Google Maps or Waze. New KENWOOD Wi-Fi receivers also support Android Auto wirelessly (compatible phone required).
To use Android Auto on your car display, you’ll need an Android Auto compatible vehicle or aftermarket stereo, an Android phone running Android 5.0 or higher, and the Android Auto app.
Wireless Mirroring for Android
Solution for seamlessly displaying and controlling your smartphone apps on a screen without cables on select Android devices.
Display your smartphone screen or other device via an HDMI cable (and third party adapter as applicable) on the 10.1″ monitor. KCA-HD100 optional HDMI cable sold separately.
Equipped with the Intuitive KENWOOD Music Mix
Up to 5 Bluetooth® devices can be connected to the receiver at the same time, allowing you to take turns streaming music with your friends and family.
Dual Phone Connection
While you are connected through Bluetooth, with a touch of a button you can switch between two phones.
Control the Receiver from Your Smartphone
with the KENWOOD Remote App S
A smartphone application can control most basic functions of the receiver over the Bluetooth connection of the paired phone (iPhone or Android).
KENWOOD Portal App
Display image files stored in your iPhone or Android on the receiver’s photo frame widget and/or wallpaper.
The Best Audio Experience
High-Resolution Audio Wireless
High-Resolution Audio is high-quality sound that exceeds CD standard. High-Resolution audio captures and beautifully expresses all the details of your favorite music. Through ultra-high and low frequencies, immerse yourself in a rich and high-quality listening experience. Select KENWOOD receivers now support Hi-Resolution Audio Wirelessly via LDAC. LDAC is an audio coding technology that enables the transmission of High-Resolution Audio over a Bluetooth connection.
Loss of smoothness
* LDAC and LDAC logo are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
* “Hi-Res Audio” Logo and “Hi-Res Audio Wireless” Logo are used under license from Japan Audio Society.
You can fine-tune advanced sound properties to achieve professional audio sound quality in your vehicle. It allows you to set parameters of Q factor, slope, frequency and gain at 14 points separately (Common: 9 / Front: 2 / Rear: 2 / Subwoofer: 1). With adjustments such as high and low shelving filters, more realistic sound can be delivered.
Optimal Sound Performance with 13 Band Graphic EQ and Time Alignment
Use the graphic equalizer to tailor the sound quality to your unique tastes. Additional sound staging is available with the Time Alignment feature, designed to provide optimal sound performance.
High Quality Audio Parts Supporting High-Resolution Audio Reproduction
To ensure the best possible sound quality, the receivers use custom-made and carefully selected parts, such as audio quality power supply capacitors, high quality coupling capacitors and cross-shaped panel structures. These parts are further optimized through meticulous tuning of the component values and circuit paths.
Playable FULL HD Video and FLAC Files
You can play back from USB devices audio and video files compressed in various formats.
|Video Codec||Playable up to|
|MPEG4||1920 × 1080p|
|H.264||1920 × 1080p|
|MKV||1920 × 1080p|
|WMV||1920 × 1080p|
USB sources are available on rear monitor via video output.
The powerful USB provides max 1.5A quick charge for selected Android and 1.0A charge for iPhone.
|Music Codec||Playable up to|
|FLAC||～192kHz / ～24bit|
|WAV||～192kHz / ～24bit|
|DSD||2.8MHz, 5.6MHz, 11.2MHz / 1bit|
ENHANCED VEHICLE INTEGRATION
Compatible with both the Automotive Data Solutions iDatalink Maestro RR and RR2 (sold separately)* for enhanced system vehicle integration. In addition to providing the seamless factory integration experience you have become accustomed to with the RR, these models feature expanded support when connected to the RR2, including an Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) Widget, Customizable Accessory Controls, and compatibility with specific ESCORT radar detector systems (sold separately).
*Available features vary by vehicle
HD Front / Rear Camera Input
The optional CMOS-740HD camera can be connected to the receiver’s front and/or rear camera input, displaying the image in true 1280 x 720 (720P) High Definition on compatible receivers. The camera’s built in High Dynamic Range technology further helps to overcome the negative effects of dark or bright conditions, making it the safest front or rear camera option available.
Rear View Camera Input with Parking Guide Lines
An optional rear view camera enhances safety while backing up and monitoring behind your vehicle. Built-in, adjustable parking guidelines further add to its effectiveness.
4 Camera Inputs
To enable a smarter driving experience, receivers featuring 4 camera inputs allow for the utmost in convenience, flexibility, and safety. With 4 camera inputs, you can connect a rear camera, side (blind spot) cameras, and a KENWOOD dashboard camera (DRV-N520 sold separately). Alternatively, 4 camera inputs can support several other configurations, including the connection of 2 side cameras, a front HD camera, and a rear HD camera (CMOS-740HD sold separately). Camera switching is available using on screen controls, or automatically for side cameras when an optional iDatalink Maestro RR is connected (supported vehicles only).
Dash Cam Link Ready
Full HD video recording is available with a DRV-N520 compact windshield mount camera that can record every event in front of you while you drive. High Dynamic Range (HDR) allows flawless recording regardless of extreme bright light or very dark conditions. With a built-in gyro sensor, if an accident occurs it will be saved in a separate portion of memory within the 8GB SD card for viewing. Additional safety and warning features can be activated to avoid frontal collisions or remind you if traffic has moved in front of you.
SiriusXM Radio Ready
Access additional music, sports and entertainment content on the go with SiriusXM Radio.
(Optional SiriusXM tuner required, sold separately)
Built-in HD Radio Tuner
HD Radio has the best selection of local radio with amazing features and no monthly fees. HD Radio provides CD sound quality from digital FM stations and FM sound quality from digital AM stations. You can even access additional HD multicasting stations that are not available on traditional analog radio.
Remote Control (Optional)
This receiver can be operated using the optional remote control KNA-RCDV331.
Floating Display Design
Two-Piece Configuration The Kenwood Excelon Reference DMX1057XR digital multimedia receiver features a two-piece floating display configuration with an external 10.1″ capacitive touchscreen monitor and a separate Double-DIN (4″) source unit. Separating the large touchscreen monitor from the chassis allows the DMX1057XR to be installed in a standard Double-DIN (4″) dash opening. The Double-DIN (4″) source units mounts in the dash and the 10.1″ touchscreen monitor attach to the front of the source unit using the included hardware and integrated connector (dash kit, wiring harness, interface module, adapters are required and sold separately).
Note: The Kenwood DMX1057XR will not fit in some vehicles with a Double-DIN opening due to its large 10.1″ touchscreen monitor interferring with your vehicle’s factory equipment on the dash.
Floating Touchscreen Monitor: Depending on your vehicle’s factory radio location and the location of other factory equipment, you may need to adjust the mounting position of the touchscreen monitor in order to prevent impairment of vehicle driving operations. The floating touchscreen monitor offers depth, height, and tilt adjustments to ensure the best fit and usability in your vehicle’s dash. The touchscreen monitor measures 10.3125″ (w) x 7.125″ (h) x 3.125″ (d) – including integrated connector and mounting bracket.
- Depth Adjustment: The depth adjustment lets you move the floating monitor forward or backward 0.8125″, allowing more or less space between the monitor and your vehicle’s dash kit and dash for a better fit.
- Height Adjustment: The floating monitor can be adjusted up or down 1.5625″ to prevent interference with climate controls, vents, and other factory equipment on your vehicle’s dash for better fit and operation..
- Tilt Adjustment: You can adjust the angle of floating monitor for better usability and visibility. In addition to its vertical 90 degree angle (default), the monitor can be tilted -10 degrees backward or +45 degrees forward.
- The depth, height, and tilt adjustments are all done manually (not electronically).
- The depth and height adjustments must be made prior to final installation and cannot be done during operation.
- See the included Installation Manual for specific dimensions at each depth, height, and tilt setting.
Double-DIN Source Unit: The included source unit fits in a standard 4″ Double-DIN opening (applicable kit, harness, etc. will be required and sold separately for your vehicle). Once the source unit is mounted in the dash, the 10.1″ touchscreen monitor attaches and connects to the front of the source unit using the included hardware and integrated proprietary connector. All of the Kenwood DMX1057XR”s inputs and outputs are found on the rear-panel of the source unit.
- Chassis: including wiring harness, GPS antenna, Bluetooth mic, and USB extension cable connections
- Width: 7.005″
- Height: 3.945″
- Depth: 6.735″ (w/o preout connections), 6.785″ (w/ preout connections)
- Nose: including integrated connector and mounting bracket
- Width: 6.675″
- Height: 3.805″
- Depth: 1.125″
Note: The Kenwood DMX1057XR mounts in a Double-DIN (4″) opening using the your vehicle’s factory brackets or the brackets included with your dash kit (sold separately). The DMX1057XR does not mount in a dash using a sleeve or cage.
10.1″ Touchscreen Monitor: The Kenwood DMX1057XR features an all-new electrostatic capacitive touch panel and high-definition LCD panel with high luminance white LED backlighting that delivers vivid color, high-contrast, and crisp detail, as well as highly responsive touch operation. This 10.1″ widescreen (16:9) electrostatic capacitive touchscreen LCD panel has a high resolution of 1280 (H) x 720 (V) x RGB with 2,764,800 total pixels, a 170° high viewing angle, 600cd/m high brightness, and 900:1 high contrast ratio. The 10.1″ touchscreen monitor provides room for more information that is large and easy to see with just a glance.
- Optical Clear Adhesive (OCA): Optical Clear Adhesive (OCA) is added between the touch screen and the LCD to eliminate the air layer and suppress light reflection and glare; this design enhances the contrast and brightness and maintains the visibility of the display in various environments
- Azimuthal Anchoring Switch (AAS): The AAS (Azimuthal Anchoring Switch) display technology of the LCD panel assures you a wider viewing angle of 170° for both horizontal and vertical directions. Together with the protective film which minimizes reflection and glare from sunlight, you can enjoy clear images even from the passenger or back seats.
- Capacitive Touchscreen Controls: The capacitive touchscreen is highly responsive. Touchscreen operations include tap, touch & hold, flick left or right, and swipe up or down – very simliliar to your smartphone or tablet device.
- To prevent the display of video from USB, Mirroring, and the AV-input while the vehicle is in motion, the light green wire (within harness) must be connected to the vehicle’s parking brake detection circuit. You cannot view video unless your vehicle’s parking brake is engaged. If you attempt to view video without the parking brake engaged, the unit’s LCD touchscreen will simply display a blue screen and “Parking Off”. The parking brake wire must also be connected and the parking brake engaged for certain setup functions and menu options.
- While your vehicle is in motion (parking brake off), you can still view all of the head unit’s menu screens/settings, source information, metadata, and album artwork; as well CarPlay and Android Auto.
Display Features: The Kenwood Excelon Reference DMX1057XR offers several unique display features, settings, enhancements, and adjustments.
- Widget Screens: The unit’s home screen is composed of a Driving Widget as well as a Source Control Widget overlaid on the background. You can move the Driving Widget from side to side or enlarge the Source Control Widget to optimize the screen for your intuitive operation. The Driving Widget allows selection of a clock, compass, or equalizer setting, etc., while the background allows selection of album art, audio visualizer, or photo.
- Custom Home Screen & Shortcuts: You can customize the head unit’s Home Screen by rearranging the icons and moving the icons of the twelve sources you use most to the first page of the Home Screen. Four programmable shortcut source keys offer a quick jump to your favorite sources from almost any screen.
- Background Color & Wallpapers: You can choose between nine preset background colors – Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White. You can also choose to link the displays color with the unit’s front-panel variable color illumination that you set. In addition, there are seven preset background images (wallpapers) or you can download your own still image using the Kenwood Portal App (for Apple iOS 12.4+ and Android OS 6.0+) and use it as your wallpaper bakcground.
Front-Panel Controls w/ Variable Color Illumination: In addition to the touchscreen controls, the unit includes frequently used buttons and a 3-way rotary control knob along the bottom edge of the screen. You can adjust the head unit’s button illumination, as well as display background color from the following preset colors – Blue, Purple, Sky Blue, Yellow, Green, Amber, Red, Pink, White or Scan (Scans through all preset colors). You can also select a custom “User” color that is adjusted between Red, Green, and Blue (values range: 0-31).
Dimmer: The dimmer function will dim the head unit’s display & front-panel illumination automatically when your vehicle’s light switch is turned On, if you have the unit’s orange/white “Illumination” wire connected to your vehicle’s headlamp circuit. You can also choose to dim the display manually.
Clock & Date: The digital multimedia receiver offers a 12-hour clock & day/month/year display. The clock is visible from any source or menu screen. With your vehicle’s key in the accessory or run position, the head unit will continue to display the LCD background image, clock, and button illumination during “Standby” mode. Pressing and holding the Power/Home button turns the unit off completely.
Remote Control: The Kenwood DMX1057XR offers compatibility with factory steering wheel controls (adapter sold separately) and is compatible with Kenwood’s IR wireless remote control (sold separately) for added convenience. Kenwood also offers a remote application which allows you to control the receiver from your smartphone device, and another application that allows you transfer phootos from your compatible smartphone device the Kenwood receiver.
- Steering Wheel Controls: The head unit features a factory steering wheel remote control input wire (blue/yellow) within the included wiring harness that lets you keep your vehicle’s factory radio steering wheel remote controls when used with an optional steering wheel audio control adapter (sold separately).
- Optional IR Remote: The optional Kenwood KNA-RCDV331 IR wireless remote control (113RCDV331, sold separately) unit is designed to operate this Kenwood receiver. The wireless remote controller operates off of two supplied “AAA” batteries. The remote operates off of IR transmission so the KNA-RCDV331 must be pointed at the front-panel of the Kenwood head unit within direct line of sight.
- Remote S App: The Kenwood Remote S (for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) is an application that will connect and control the in-dash receiver from your compatible Apple or Android device via Bluetooth, like a wireless remote control. You can select source input, as well as command basic playback controls such as Play/Pause or Previous/Next Track from the touchscreen of your compatible smartphone. This application can also display the receiver’s source and song/artist information on the screen of your compatible Apple iOS or Android device.
- Kenwood Portal App: The Kenwood Portal App (for Apple iOS 12.4+ and Android OS 6.0+) lets you transfer postos from your compatible smarthphone device to the Kenwood receiver via Bluetooth or USB. You’ll also be able to create a slideshow and a customized wallpaper for the receiver.
Built-In WiFi: The Kenwood DMX1057XR receiver’s built-in Dual-Band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac) is utilized for Wireless Apple CarPlay, Android Auto Wireless, and Wireless Mirroring via Miracast for select Android devices. The built-in WiFi is not designed to be used with WiFi hotspots.
- GPS Antenna: The included GPS antenna must also be installed for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay navigation maps. The GPS antenna comes with a self-stick pad which mounts it on top of your dash inside the vehicle.
- Cellular & Data Plan Requirements: Access to CarPlay, Android Auto, and Mirroring apps will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone or Android smartphone to connect to the Internet. Your compatible Apple or Android device will need an active Data Plan account with connection to the Internet via 3G, EDGE, LTE (4G), or WiFi.
Android Auto Wireless: The Kenwood DMX1057XR supports the Android Auto app for select Android smartphones using a wired or wireless connection. A Google or Samsung smartphone with Android OS 10.0+ or any smartphone with Android OS 11.0+ and 5GHz WiFi can utilize Android Auto Wireless with the Kenwood receiver using the latest version of the Android Auto app, plus a WiFi and Bluetooth connection (both wireless connections must be made; a wired USB connection must be made initially between the Android phone and the Kenwood receiver to setup Wireless Android Auto). Android smartphones running Lollipop 5.0 or higher can also be connected to the Kenwood receiver’s rear-panel USB port using the included USB extension cable and USB cable that came with your smartphone, plus be paired via Bluetooth. Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that’s purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen interface that is simple to use in the vehicle. It’s designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include –
- Google Assistant: The Kenwood receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit’s external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the “mic” button or say “OK Google” to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smarthome enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you’re going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit’s touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit’s external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Kenwood receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit’s external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone’s music library through the Kenwood receiver via Google Play Music. You’ll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver’s touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit’s external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.
- The initial setup for Android Auto requires that your vehicle be stopped and the parking brake is engaged. You will need to connect the parking brake wire of the receiver’s harness to your vehicle’s parking brake circuit for the head unit to recognize that the vehicle’s parking brake is engaged.
- Only one Android device with Android Auto can be connected at a time. An Android Auto device and Apple CarPlay device cannot be connected at the same time.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Android Auto is being used with a connected Android smartphone.
- Use a USB cable that is under 6′ long and avoid using any extension cable other than the one supplied. If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood’s CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately); any other USB extension cable can cause Android Auto to malfunction.
- Click here to learn more About Android Auto and to see what phones are compatible.
Wireless Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is a smarter, safer in-vehicle interface to operate your iPhone with Lightning Connecter, and is specially designed for driving scenarios. Your iPhone can be connected to the Kenwood DMX1057XR wirelessly or via USB. A wireless connection to your compatible iPhone (iOS 9.0+) can be made using the Kenwood receiver’s built-in WiFi (5GHz) and Bluetooth (2.4GHz) – requires both wireless connections. Or, you can choose to connect your compatible iPhone (iOS 7.1+) to the Kenwood receiver via USB. Your iPhone will need to be connected to the Kenwood receiver’s rear-panel USB port via the included USB extension cable and the Lightning-cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately). You can control CarPlay from the Kenwood receiver’s touchscreen controls or use Siri to control to control CarPlay with just your voice. You’ll be able to use CarPlay to get directions, make phone calls, listen to voice mails, send/receive text messages, select music, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices in a way that keeps you focused on the road ahead.
- Navigation Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit’s touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via the Google Maps or Waze application instead of Apple Maps. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: You’ll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Kenwood receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the Kenwood receiver’s touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you’d like to listen to. The head unit’s touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you’ve downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit’s touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Compatible iPhone models include 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, XS Max, XS, XR, X, 8 Plus, 8, 7 Plus, 6S Plus, 6S, and SE. Only one Apple iPhone with CarPlay can be connected at a time. An Apple CarPlay and Android Auto device cannot be connected at the same time.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay works best with a vehicle speed pulse connection. You will need either a radio replacement interface with a vehicle speed pulse connection or Kenwood’s OBD-II Spped Pulse Generation (KNA-SPM100) – both sold separately. Alternatively, you can also hardwire the Kenwood receiver’s speed pulse wire to your vehicle’s speed pulse wire (this method is much more time consuming and requires more installation experience).
- Wireless Apple CarPlay can be used without connecting the vehicle speed pulse wire by downloading the latest firmware update from Kenwood’s website onto a USB thumbdrive and installing it in the Kenwood receiver. Although this software update makes installation easier, location and position accuracy for navigation maps will suffer without the VSS wire hooked up.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood’s CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately). Any other USB extension cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
Miracast for Android (Wireless Mirroring): Wi-Fi Certified Miracast lets you wirelessly send the display of your compatible Android OS 4.2-up device that also supports Miracast to the receiver’s touchscreen monitor. Smartphone manufacturers will refer to the Miracast Wireless Mirroring function differently and use terms such as Wireless Display, Screen Mirroring, AllShare Cast, etc. Miracast Wireless Mirroring allows you to view practically any content that is playing on your compatible Android device on the receiver’s touchscreen (vehicle’s parking brake must be engaged). You’ll also be able to use the receiver’s touchscreen to control your compatible Android smartphone (some Mircast compatible phones may not support this feature).
- Not all Android OS 4.2-up devices will support Miracast. Future Android OS updates may cause the Miracast feature to not function properly. Click here to check for Miracast compatible Android smartphones and tablets.
- Miracast (wireless mirroring) will require that the vehicle’s parking brake be engaged to mirror your smartphone or view any content from your smartphone on the receiver’s touchscreen monitor. Only audio content will be heard without the vehicle’s parking brake engaged.
- If your Android smartphone is locked, wireless mirroring may not function properly.
- The Apple iPhone does not support Miracast or wireless mirroring.
iPod/iPhone Music Playback Only: If you don’t desire Apple CarPlay, you can also connect your Lightning-connector Apple iPod/iPhone to the DMX1057XR for music playback & control only using the Lightning-to-USB cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lighnting-to-USB cable (sold separately). Simply plug your compatible Apple device into the receiver’s rear-panel USB port. The Kenwood receiver supports playback of stored music and music apps, along music browsing and playback control, plus song/artist information and album art.
- Head Unit Control: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate your iPod/iPhone’s music library from its front-panel & touchscreen controls. The head unit offers unique search features like Category Search & Link Search, plus offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random of your connected iPod/iPhone. You’ll also still be able to control your connected iPod touch or iPhone from its own touchscreen so you can access other music applications.
- Category Search: Category Search allows you to navigate your iPod/iPhone’s music library by Playlist, Artists, Album, Song, Genre, Song, Podcast, Audiobook, or Radio. You can then search each of these categories using the head unit’s touchscreen slider function (categories will be listed in alphabetical order).
- Link Search: The head unit offers Link Search, which allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. Link Search lets the head unit create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, a artist list of the currently playing genre, or a album list of currently playing composer.
- Song/Artist Info & Album Art: The DMX1057XR will display your iPod/iPhone’s stored music information including Track number, Elapsed playing time, Song/Album title, Artist name, and Album art. The unit will also display song/artist info and album art from select music apps.
Note: Only one Apple Lightning-connector device can be connected at a time.
Apple Device Compatibility Chart: The Kenwood DMX1057XR is “Made for iPod/iPhone” compatible and supports the following iPod/iPhone model features (as of 10/1/2020) –
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Specific Apps||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video (HDMI)||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||CarPlay||Remote S||Album Art||Song/Artist||Track Info||Phone||Audio||Siri|
- Not compatible with 30-pin Apple devices.
- Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn’t work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Smartphone Charging: The Kenwood DMX1057XR will also charge your Android smartphone or Apple iPod/iPhone device while connected via USB with the vehicle’s ignition switch set to the ‘ACC’ or ‘On’ position. The powerful USB provides max 1.5A of charge for iPhone and Android devices.
Bluetooth 5.0: The Kenwood DMX1057XR is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 5.0 allowing you to make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver; as well as stream music wirelessly from your smartphone to the head unit. In order to use Bluetooth wireless technology, your phone must also be Bluetooth compatible and be able to interpret certain profiles. This unit is compatible with the following Bluetooth Profiles:
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.7 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.3 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile), AVRCP 1.6 (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile).
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the Kenwood DMX1057XR. Visit Kenwood’s Support Site for a complete list of compatible Bluetooth enabled phones.
SSP & Auto Pairing: With Secure Simple Pairing (SSP), you can easily pair a Bluetooth enabled phone to the Kenwood DMX1057XR without having to enter pin codes or go through complicated settings. You can even pair your Apple iPhone (iOS 5+) or by simply connecting it to the Kenwood head unit via USB and following a single prompt on the head unit’s display. You can pair up to ten Bluetooth-enabled devices to the Kenwood head unit. When an already paired Bluetooth device is in close proximity to the receiver, the auto connection function automatically pairs the two units.
- Dual Phone Connection: Thanks to the Dual Phone Connection feature, two Bluetooth-enabled phones can remain connected to the Kenwood receiver. This means you can an answer an incoming call from either phone from the head unit. Also, both of your phone’s contact lists are downloaded to the receiver. To make a call from one of the phones using the Kenwood receiver, you simply have to select Phone 1 or Phone 2 on the head unit’s touchscreen.
- Music Mix: The new Music Mix feature allows five Bluetooth audio source devices to be connected to the Kenwood receiver at one time, so you can switch between Bluetooth playback sources a lot easier and quicker. While “BT Audio” source is selected on the head unit, you can simply press the music playback button on your connected Bluetooth source devices to switch between devices and begin music playback. However, you cannot stream audio from two different Bluetooth audio source devices at the same time or combine music libraries or playlists from two different connected devices.
Hands-Free Communication: The head unit supports Bluetooth hands-free communication for your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. Thanks to the latest Hands-Free Profile (HFP 1.7) with wideband speech capability, the Kenwood DMX1057XR provides more natural sound quality and details during wireless calls. The touchscreen controls of the DMX1057XR can be used to dial a number, answer an in-coming call, or end a call. The unit also includes an external microphone (featuring adjustable gain), so you can carry on your side of the conversation while listening to the caller through your vehicles speakers (All or Front only). During a conversation, you can switch between the Private Mode (talking directly on your phone) and the Hands Free Mode.
- Answering a Call: When a call comes in, a ring-tone will be heard through your vehicle’s speaker and the caller’s name or phone number will be displayed. You can answer the call from the head unit’s touchscreen, or setup the head unit to automatically answer the incoming call immediately (1-30 seconds).
- Dialing a Number: Using the DMX1057XR, you can dial a phone number in one of the following ways:
- Entering a Phone Number: Allows you to directly dial a phone number from the head unit’s touchscreen keypad.
- Preset Dialing: Allows you to register up to 5 phone numbers for quick dialing. The preset numbers can be accessed from the head unit’s touchscreen.
- Phonebook: You can download phonebook data (up to 1000 entries) from your phone to the DMX1057XR. You can then dial by using the downloaded phone book and search it alphabetically.
- Call History: The Call History is a list of calls that have originated from and were received by this unit that you can dial. You can select Outgoing, Incoming, or Missed calls (up to 50 entries total).
- Voice Dialing: If your smartphone supports voice recognition (including Siri and Google Voice), then you can dial out by voice command. Simply speak into the included microphone.
Note: This unit allows you to answer a call or dial out using any option without engaging the vehicle’s parking brake.
Wireless Audio Streaming: The Kenwood DMX1057XR supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or audio player, plus song/artist information display. You are able to stream your stored music library on your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, as well as music apps downloaded on your smartphone to the Kenwood DMX1057XR for playback.
- LDAC: LDAC sends approximately three times more data (at the maximum 990 kbps transfer rate) than conventional Bluetooth audio for superior wireless listening. Unlike other Bluetooth compatible coding technologies, it operates without any down-conversion of the Hi-Res Audio content (excluding DSD and MQA), and allows approximately 3x more data than those other technologies to be transmitted over a Bluetooth wireless network with superiro sound quality, by means of efficient coding and optimized packetization. Your Bluetooth device most also supports LDAC to enjoy this high-resolution Bluetooth codec. The DMX1057XR also supports SBC for the majority of Bluetooth source devices and AAC for Apple iOS Bluetooth devices.
- Advanced Music Browsing: In addition to basic playback functions (Play/Pause, FF/RW, Skip, Random/Repeat), the DMX1057XR lets you browse your stored music by Playlist, Artist, Album, Song, etc. (AVRCP 1.4-up phones only; which includes Android 4.0+ and iPhone 5.0+).
- Song/Artist Information: The head unit will also display your stored music and music app’s song information; such as Artist name and Song/Album title (not compatible with all apps).
Note: When an incoming call or outgoing call is in progress from your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, audio streaming will be paused so you can take your call. Once the call is finished, your streaming music will resume.
External Microphone: The Kenwood DMX1057XR includes an external microphone to carry on your side of your phone conversation and voice command dialing. The external wired microphone offers improved audio quality versus an integrated microphone, so you can be heard easier over noisy traffic and road noise. You can adjust the volume level, echo cancellation, and noise reduction of the microphone without affecting the other sources. The external microphone features an attached 10′ cable terminated by a right-angle 3.5mm connector which plugs into the mic input on the rear-panel of the head unit. The microphone offers an integrated mounting bracket which can be clipped to your vehicle’s sun-visor or taped to your dash.
HD Radio: With its built-in HD Radio tuner, you can receive digital AM/FM broadcasts from local stations where available. HD Radio significantly improves AM/FM audio quality and reception, as well as includes information such as artist name and song titles or traffic news, viewable on the receiver’s display. HD Radio Technology will deliver high-quality digital sound. AM digital will have FM-like quality in stereo (80dB SNR @ 40-15kHz), while FM digital will have CD-like quality (80 dB SNR @ 20-20kHz) with static free and clear reception. The unit’s built-in HD Radio tuner allows analog AM/FM tuning as well.
- Seek Modes + Direct Access Tuning: You can choose one of three seek modes: Auto 1 (seek tuning), Auto 2 (cycles through and tunes the selected band’s preset stations only with each button press), or Manual. You can also setup the DMX1057XR to search only HD Radio stations. In addition, you can directly access an AM/FM station by entering in the frequency number using the unit’s LCD touchscreen.
- Tuner Presets: You can store 15 FM presets and 5 AM presets (total of 20). Not only does the digital multimedia receiver’s tuner allow you manually enter your desired presets you can choose to have the unit automatically put stations with good reception in the memory banks automatically; this is a handy feature when traveling.
- Station Info/Album Art AM/FM digital stations can offer text and data such as artist names and song titles; as well as Album Art.
- Multicasting & Emergency Alerts: In addition to conventional broadcasts, with HD Radio broadcasting it is possible to choose from up to 8 multicast programs (HD1 to HD8). HD Radio also delivers critical and life-saving messages to the public during emergency situations.
Note: HD Radio is the system for digital AM and FM broadcasting in the U.S. More than 2,000 radio stations are broadcasting their primary signals in digital HD Radio technology, as a free service. Go to HDRadio.com to check for HD Radio stations in your area.
SiriusXM-Ready: The Kenwood DMX1057XR is SiriusXM 3.0 Ready and compatible with the SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Vehicle Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 140+ SiriusXM channels via subscription; check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. Additional features of the SiriusXM Connect tuner include:
- Channel List w/ Category Search: A channel list displays a list of all available channels. The Category Search function searches for channels in a certain category.
- Song/Artist Info + Album Art: Displayed Information such as Channel Name, Channel Logo, Artist Name, Song Title, & Album Art can be viewed on the head unit’s LCD
- Smart Favorite Presets: Up to 20 SiriusXM Satellite Radio station presets can be saved. Up to 6 of your SiriusXM presets on the current band are recognized as Smart Favorites for advanced features such as TuneStart, TuneScan, & TuneMix.
- TuneStart: TuneStart allows you to choose whether to start a song from the beginning or from its live point when tuning to a Smart Favorite channel.
- TuneScan: TuneScan plays the first 6 seconds of each song that has not been listened to from each of the channels which you have saved as Smart Favorites.
- TuneMix: TuneMix plays a unique blend of songs from your Smart Favorite preset music channels from the current SiriusXM preset band, allowing you to build a custom channel from as few as two to as many as six music channels.
- Instant Replay: You can pause, rewind, and replay up to 60 minutes of current channel. You’ll also be able to rewind and replay the last 30 minutes of content from your six Smart Favorite channels.
- Alerts: Receive alerts of your favorite song or artist, favorite sports teams, plus traffic and weather.
- Content Alerts: When a broadcast program related to the your favorite artist or song starts, a message appears to allow you to switch to that station.
- Sports Flash: Sports Flash will notify you when a big play happens during a game with one your favorite sports teams. You can choose to tune to that station or continue to listening to the previous channel.
- Traffic & Weather Now: Traffic & Weather Now allows you to access the latest report whenever you want to hear it by city.
- Parental Control: Channels containing unsuitable content for children can be blocked.
Note: A separate SiriusXM Satellite Radio subscription is required (operates on the XM Network). However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Apple Music Radio (iPhone Only): You can playback Apple Music Radio on your USB or Bluetooth connected Apple iPhone (iOS 8.0+) through the Kenwood DMX1057XR. With a WiFi or cellular connection on your iPhone, you can listen to Beats 1 and other live radio stations through the Kenwood receiver. Apple Music subscribers can also listen to on-demand stations for almost any genre or create their own stations. You can use the head unit’s touchscreen to select between your Apple Music Radio stations. The touchscreen will also display song/artist/album information, along with Album art.
Note: Access to Apple Radio will depend on the availability of a cellular and/or WiFi network for purposes of allowing your iPhone to connect to the Internet.
USB MSC Playback: The Kenwood DMX1057XR features a rear-panel USB (Type-A) port that is attached to the chassis by a 7″ pigtail and comes with a 39″ USB extension cable. The USB port can be used for connection and control of a USB mass storage class (MSC) devices, such as a USB thumbdrive. The USB port enables playback of a variety of audio (including Hi-Res), video, and photo files stored on a compatible USB memory device (see chart below). USB portable audio devices that can be charged via USB will be charged when plugged into the digital multimedia receiver’s USB port (5V/1.5A), and the vehicle’s ignition switch is set to ACC or On.
Note: The USB port does not support MTP (Media Transfer Protocol), AOA (Android Open Accessory), USB hubs, or card-readers.
File Compatibility: The Kenwood DMX1057XR supports the following types of audio (including Hi-Res), video, and photo files loaded onto a USB mass storage class device.
|Media Type||USB (MSC)|
|File System||FAT 16/32, exFAT, NTFS|
|Playable File Types||Audio||MP3/WMA/AAC: bit rate of 8-320kbps; sampling frequency of 16-48kHz|
WAV/FLAC (High-Res): bit depth of 16/24-bit; sampling frequency of 16-192kHz
DSD (High-Res): bit deipth of 1-bit; sampling frequency of 2.8 / 5.6 / 11.2 MHz
Vorbis: variable bit-rate; sampling frequency of 16-48kHz
|Video||MPEG-1: max resolution of 352 x 240 or 352 x 288; max bit-rate of 1.5Mbps|
MPEG-2: max resolution of 720 x 480 or 720 x 576; max bit-rate of 8Mbps
MPEG-4/H.264: max resolution of 1920 x 1080 (30fps); max bit-rate of 8Mbps
WMV/MKV: max resolution of 1920 x 1080 (30fps); max bit-rate of 8Mbps
|Photo||JPEG: 5000 x 5000|
PNG/BMP: 1000 x 1000
|Maximum # of Folders/Files||Unlimited folders/9,999 files (999 files per folder)|
|Tags||MP3 ID3-tags, WMA/AAC/FLAC-tags, & Album Art|
Control Functions: The Kenwood head unit allows you to navigate the music library on your USB device from its touchscreen controls. The head unit offers unique search features like Folder/Track List, Category Search, and Link Search; plus offers basic playback functions like Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Rewind, Previous/Next Track and Repeat/Random.
- Folder/Track List: The Folder/Track List allows you to search folders and audio/video/picture files stored on yoor USB device.
- Category Search: You can navigate music stored on your USB memory device by Playlist, Artist, Song, or Album. The content within each category will be listed in alphabetical order.
- Link Search: Link Search allows you to play songs related to the currently playing song. The head unit can create an album list of the currently playing artist, a song list of the currently playing album, an artist list of the currently playing genre, or an album list of currently playing composer.
Song/Artist Info with Album Art: The Kenwood DMX1057XR will display song/artist information as well as album art for MP3, WMA, AAC, and FLAC music tracks (if encoded).
HDMI Input: The DMX1057XR’s HDMI input allows you to display your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone’s screen on the receiver’s 10.1″ monitor. You’ll need a compatible Apple or Android HDMI adapter cable (sold separately). You can also connect a DVD player, Blu-ray player or TV tuner with an automotive-grade HDMI cable (sold separately). The HDMI input supports up to 720p video and 24-bit/192kHz 2ch PCM audio. The HDMI’s cable connector must be no larger than 0.8125″ (w) x 0.375″ (h) to fit into the recessed opening.
- Supported Video Resolution: VGA (640x480p @ 60Hz), 480p (720x480p @ 60Hz), and 720p (1280x720p @ 60Hz).
- Supported Audio Formats: 32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.2, and 192 kHz; 16/20/24-bit Linear 2ch PCM
- The HDMI input does not support 1080p or 4K video.
- The HDMI input does not support Dolby Digital, DTS, and other multichannel surround formats.
- The HDMI input does not offer playback control.
Firmware Updates (via USB): The unit’s operating system is updateable via free downloadable software from Kenwood’s support site. Firmware downloads assist in maintaining system performance when using external devices and emerging technologies. Firmware/software updates can be downloaded onto a USB thumbdrive from your computer and then inserted into the head unit’s USB port and uploaded. Go to Kenwood’s Support Site for the latest firmware/software updates.
Excelon Reference (XR) Series: The DMX1057XR digital multimedia receiver is part of Kenwood’s Excelon Reference (XR) series line-up. It incorporates the latest technologies and delivers the highest sonic performance. To ensure the best possible sound quality, the receiver uses custom-made and carefully selected parts; such as audio quality power supply capacitors, high quality coupling capacitors, gold-plated 5V pre-outs, and cross-shaped panel structures. These parts are further optimized through meticulous tuning of the component values and circuit paths. Kenwood’s Excelon Reference (XR) series represents exceptional audio quality with long-lasting dependability, and is backed by a 2 Year warranty.
24-Bit/192kHz DAC: The Kenwood DMX1057XR utilizes a 24-bit/192kHz digital to analog converter (DAC) for superior sound quality with a signal to noise ratio up to 98.5dB and support for Hi-Res music files such as FLAC (up to 129kHz;24-bit), WAV (up to 192kHz;24-bit), and DSD (up to 11.2MHz;1-bit).
MOSFET Amplifier: The Kenwood DMX1057XR is equipped with a MOSFET amplifier. Compared to conventional power supplies, the MOSFET amplification circuit is smaller and more efficient, and it delivers increased power with less distortion and absolutely zero on/off switching noise. More power means louder and cleaner music at higher volumes because you’re not pushing the limits of the amplification circuit. The power output specs for the DMX1057XR are as follows:
- Full Bandwidth Power: 22 watts RMS x 4 channels (at 4 ohms, 20-20kHz, 1% THD)
- Maximum Output Power: 50 watts x 4 channels
Gold-Plated 6ch/5V Pre-Outs + Sub Control: The DMX1057XR features front, rear and subwoofer 5.0-volt pre-outs. The front and rear speaker pre-outs are balance and fade adjustable. The subwoofer preamp output is non-fading and offers independent level control (-50 to +10 dB). The pre-outs are gold-plated for superior signal transfer.
Vehicle Setup: Indicate your vehicle type, speakers sizes installed in your vehicle, your rear speaker location, plus your main listening postion and the distance of each speaker to the your main listening position to optimize the sound inside your vehicle.
- Vehicle Type: You can select your vehicle type to automatically set the delay time of each speaker for timing adjustment of sound output of each channel to have the highest surround effect. Choose from Compact, Full Size Car, Wagon, Mini Van, SUV, or Off.
- Speaker Size: Select which size speakers are in your vehicle – Tweeter (Small, Medium, Large, None); Front & Rear (3.5″, 4″, 4.75″, 5″, 6.5″, 6.75″, 7″, 4×6″, 5×7″, 6×8″, 6×9″, 7×10″, None); Subwoofer: 6.5″, 8″, 10″, 12″, 15″+, None).
- Speaker Locations: You can indicate the location of your front and rear speakers – Front (Upper Door, Lower Door, On Dash, Under Dash) and Rear (Upper Door, Lower Door, Parcel Shelf/Rear Deck, Upper Cargo Area, Lower Cargo Area.
- Listening Position: You can choose from All, Front Left, Front Right or Front. You can even use the Front Focus feature to focus the sound image on the front of the selected seat.
- Digital Time Alignment: You can select to manually fine tune your vehicle’s sound stage, using Digital Time Alignment (DTA) by selecting the distance (0-20′) for each individual speaker in the vehicle compared to your listening position. In addition, you’re able to adjust the output level (-8 to 0dB) of each speaker.
Crossover Network: The Kenwood DMX1057XR lets you choose between a 2-way or 3-way crossover network for your car audio application.
- 2-Way Crossover: Allows you to set high-pass and low-pass crossovers for a standard Tweeter, Front, Rear, and Subwoofer speaker setup.
- Tweeter: high pass filter (HPF)
- Frequency: 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 6.3kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Front & Rear: high pass filter (HPF)
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Sub: low pass filter (LPF)
- Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB, -18dB, -24dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Tweeter: high pass filter (HPF)
- 3-Way Crossover: This allows you to set high-pass and low-pass crossovers for a complex 3-way speaker system with Highs, Mids, and Sub.
- Tweeter: high pass filter (HPF)
- HPF Frequency: 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 6.3kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Midrange: high pass filter (HPF) & low pass filter (LPF)
- HPF Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- LPF Frequency: 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 5kHz, 6.3kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, 12.5kHz
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Woofer: low pass filter (LPF)
- LPF Frequency: 30Hz, 40Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz, 70Hz, 80Hz, 90Hz, 100Hz, 120Hz, 150Hz, 180Hz, 220Hz, 250Hz, Through (Full-Range)
- Slope: -6dB, -12dB
- Phase: Reverse (180°), Normal (0°)
- Gain: -8 to 0 dB
- Tweeter: high pass filter (HPF)
Equalizer: The Kenwood DMX1057XR offers EQ Presets for easy adjustment, a Graphic EQ for manual tuning, and a Parametric EQ for fine-tune the adjustment. Separate EQ settings and EQ presets can be stored for each source or you can apply one EQ preset or curve to all sources.
- Preset EQ: The integrated equalizer offers 8 preset sound modes (Flat, Pops, Easy, Top40, Jazz, Powerful, Rock, or User 1-4) suitable for the music genre of your choice.
- Graphic EQ: The User modes (1-4) allows you to manually adjust the head unit’s 13-band EQ (62.5Hz, 100Hz, 160Hz, 250Hz, 400Hz, 630Hz, 1kHz, 1.6kHz, 2.5kHz, 4kHz, 6.3kHz, 10kHz, & 16kHz). Each frequency’s gain level can be adjusted from -9dB to +9 dB.
- Parametric EQ: The unit’s Parametric EQ allows for more precise adjustment and fine-tuning. You can freely control the filter, frequency, Q factor (acuteness), and slop gain at 14 points consisting of 9 points common for front/rear/sub, 2 points for the front only, 2 points for rear only, and 1 point for subwoofer only. You can store 3 Parametric EQ customized presets.
Music Enhancements: You can restore the sound lost due to audio compression, as well as enhance the sound by virtually manipulating the audio.
- Sound Restoration: When MP3, WMA, or AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Realizer feature boosts low frequencies which can be lost during compression. Set to Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, or Off. When MP3, WMA, or AAC files encoded at a low bit rate (less than 96 kbps, 44.1k, 48kHz) are played, the Supreme Setting function restores their high frequencies so the sound quality is closer to files encoded at a high bit rate. The processing is optimized for the compression format and the bit rate used. When the Supreme Setting is Off, the unit plays the original sound stored in the audio file.
- Sound Effects: You can set the Space Enhancer to Small, Large, or Off. Each setting value indicates the soundscape level. You can also virtually raise the sound position heard from your speakers; the Stage EQ can be set to High, Middle, Low, or Off. The Drive EQ mode helps you hear your music over road noise. It boosts certain frequency ranges that become hard to hear due to road noise.
Volume Level & Bass Management: The digital multimedia receiver offers several volume level adjustments to tailor the audio output of your sources. The DMX1057XR also provides bass management to get the most impact out of your system.
- Volume Offset: The level of each source may be independently adjusted to prevent radical leaps in output volume when switching from one source to another. The available settings range from -8 to +6.
- Dynamic Range: The dynamic range can be adjusted by selecting either Normal, Wide, or Dialog. Dialog makes the total sound volume become larger as compared with Wide and Normal, allowing you to listen to the movie’s dialogue more clearly. This is effective only on Dolby Digital software.
- Bass Boost & DC Extension: The DMX1057XR features a four-step Bass Boost (Off/1/2/3) to enhance your music’s lower frequencies. When “Bass DC Extension is turned on, frequencies lower than 62.5 Hz are sent the same gain level as the unit’s 13-Band EQ 62.5 Hz gain setting.
- Loudness: This function enhances low and high frequencies to make the sound clearer in lower volumes.
Source Beep: The in-dash receiver provides an audible beep to confirm source selection. This function can be turned On or Off.
AV Input: The Kenwood DMX1057XR digital multimedia receiver is fitted with a rear-panel AV input that consists of a composite video jack and a 3.5mm audio jack. The AV input can be used to connect external audio/video sources such as a game system, Blu-ray player, or TV tuner. The unit’s AV input can also be configured to act as a camera input for adding a rear, front, or side camera.
4 Camera Inputs: To enable a smarter driving experience, the Kenwood receiver features 4 camera inputs that allow for the utmost in convenience, flexibility, and safety. With 4 camera inputs, you can connect a backup camera (including an HD backup camera), a front camera (including Kenwood’s DRV-N520 Dash-Cam), and side (blind spot) cameras. Alternatively, the 4 camera inputs can support several other configurations. Camera switching is available using the receiver’s touchscreen controls, or automatically for side cameras when an optional iDatalink Maestro is connected (supported vehicles only).
- HD Rear Camera Input with Guidelines: The receiver is equipped with an HD rear camera input that consists of a composite video jack and reverses trigger wire. The HD rear camera input supports up to a 720p image when used with an HD-compatible camera (such as Kenwood’s CMOS-740HD; sold separately). The video from the rear camera input can be set to display automatically when the vehicle is shifted into Reverse gear (the purple/white wire of the wiring harness must be connected to the vehicle’s reverse lamp circuit for automatic video switching). Automatic video switching takes approximately 0.8 seconds. While in reverse, parking guidelines will also appear on-screen making backing up and parking safer and easier.
- Front Camera Input + Dash-Cam Control: There is also a composite video input for connecting a front camera (sold separately), so you can display what’s ahead of you on the head unit’s touchscreen LCD monitor. In addition to the front camera input, the head unit is equipped with a proprietary “Dash Cam” control input for connecting Kenwood’s DRV-N520 dash-cam (sold separately). The DRV-N520 offers high-resolution 1080p recording, plus motion detection technology. The dashboard camera’s live and recorded video are displayed on the Kenwood receiver’s touchscreen. You’ll also control the DRV-N520’s settings and parameters from the receiver’s touchscreen.
- Additional Camera Inputs: In addition, there is a third composite video camera input for adding a side camera or trailer-towing camera(sold separately). You can also configure the unit’s composite video AV input to act as a camera input for a side camera (sold separately) or other camera application.
Note: The camera feature is meant as a driving aid only; never solely rely on the cameras while driving. In addition to using the cameras, always look around you to make sure everything is clear when making in vehicle manuevers.
iDatalink Maestro Compatible: When an Automotive Data Solutions iDatalink Maestro (sold separately) is connected to the Kenwood receiver, it provides a seamless interface with factory infotainment features such as Satellite Radio, USB Media Player, Bluetooth hands-free and music streaming. Factory driver assistance systems and cameras are also retained and work as they did originally. Parking sensor display and dynamic parking guide lines are also added in supported vehicles on the rear camera screen. Vehicle information such as HVAC, performance information, and TPMS can also be displayed. Radar detector information can also be displayed on the screen when used with a compatible K40 or ESCORT radar detector system (sold separately). Retained factory functions and add-on features will vary by vehicle.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro is web programmable, which means you’ll need to flash the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module with the correct firmware from iDatalink’s website. In addition to flashing the iDatalink Maestro module, you’ll also need a vehicle specific harness (sold separately). The Kenwood receiver’s OEM Setup menu must also be configured with your compatible vehicle’s factory system before initial operation.