Hertz MPX 165.3 PRO
Mille PRO Series 6-1/2″ 2-way car speakers
About the Hertz MPX 165.3 PRO
Improve your sound by a thousand % with Hertz MPX 165.3 PRO
Any things are worth indulging in, and one of them is the pleasure of your everyday commute. Installing the Mille Series MPX 165.3 PRO 6-1/2″ car speakers in your vehicle can provide you with the best of what Hertz has to offer: a passionate approach to quality sound.
Hertz incorporates a Tetolon fiber dome tweeter flush at the base of the woofer cone, rather than on a post protruding from the woofer. This concentric arrangement in-home speakers, which is widely esteemed by audiophiles, minimizes phase problems for a natural timbre and accurate soundstage. Each speaker uses a “Boundary Free” rubber surround with an improved pressed pulp and cotton fiber cone to transfer more air with precision for more impactful lows. Superior damping is also important to the sound of these speakers; reduced resonance decreases distortion for a more realistic sound.
The Hertz Philosophy
According to Hertz, a good speaker can show the emotional strength of the music you enjoy. That’s a high bar to clear, but with their attention to using quality materials and breaking the boundaries of architecture, they’re more than up to the task. Hertz’s team of music enthusiasts is dedicated to upgrading the car’s sound system for optimum multimedia pleasure.
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||1″ Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Pressed Pulp w/ Cotton Fiber|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||92|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||45 – 21.5k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||—|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||100|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||200|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 9/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 9/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.42|
This Product Features:
Concentric Coaxial Tweeter: The recessed tweeter is coincidentally mounted with the woofer cone, so sound radiates from the same point for both. This minimizes phase error and improves time alignment.
Aluminum Basket: The aluminum basket is rigid and non-ferromagnetic.
Boundary Free Surround: higher cone surface area technology- allowing the ability to move more air. Thermal and mechanical linearity is assured due to the surrounds fabricated with butyl rubber.
The Hertz View
In fact, to understand the love of sound is to understand Hertz’s philosophies. Hertz understands that a great speaker should draw out the emotional energy of the music you cherish, as a result- partnered with their commitment to using deluxe components and boundary-pushing engineering; they produce premium quality. Besides, music requires no compromise. Incorporated music lovers, Hertz is obliged to optimizing your vehicle sound system for complete audio delight.
- 2-way car speakers (pair)
- 6-1/2″ pressed pulp/cotton fiber woofer with Boundary Free rubber surround
- 1″ Tetolon dome tweeter
- handles up to 100 watts RMS (200 watts peak power)
- frequency range: 45-21,500 Hz
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-9/16″
- grilles not included
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # MPX 165.3
What’s in the box:
Hertz MPX 165.3 PRO owner’s manual
- Two 2-way Speakers
- Eight 3/4″ Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Owner’s manual (English/ Spanish/ French/ German/ Italian/ Portuguese/ 21 Others)
- Template on box
1. CONCENTRIC COAXIAL TWEETER: built in the woofer voice coil, achieving one single point of emission, to re-create the virtual sound-stage like in live music performances.
2. TWEETER SUPPORT WORKING AS A REAR CHAMBER: sized for low Fs, to ensure a well-damped high pass frequency roll-off, allowing low cut-off frequency crossover point.
3. 36 MM PURE COPPER WOOFER VOICE COIL: wound on a Polyamide former, for outstanding power handling and dynamic compression-free reproduction.
4. PRESSED-PULP CONE WITH COTTON FIBERS: combining stiffness and lightweight for wide frequency response. Cone profile geometrically refined to perfectly match with the tweeter emission ensuring phase consistency in the crossover area.
5. “BOUNDARY FREE” RUBBER SURROUND: for improved efficiency and wider midbass frequency. (Logo Boundary Free)
6. OVER-SIZED FERRITE MAGNET: combined with very low carbon content iron plates, for low distortion at high power levels.
Hertz MPX 165.3 PRO Technology
BOUNDARY FREE SURROUND
This technology provides the ability to achieve a wider emission surface of the cone compared to speakers with the same diameter; that way, the cone manages to move a bigger mass of air, so it produces more acoustic pressure. This special surround is built from highly pure IIR butyl rubber, ensuring extraordinary thermal and mechanical linearity.
Hertz MPX 165.3 PRO Data Table
|Power Handling – Peak W||200|
|Power Handling – Continuous W||100|
|Frequency response Hz||45 ÷ 21,5k|
|Sensitivity dB SPL||92|
|Woofer size mm (in.)||165 (6.5)|
|Tweeter size mm (in.)||25 (1)|
|Woofer Voice Coil Ø mm (in.)||36 (1.42)|
|Tweeter voice coil Ø mm (in.)||20 (0.8)|
|Woofer magnet||High-density flux ferrite|
|Woofer Cone||Pressed-pulp cone with cotton fibers|