Hertz CX 100
Cento Series 4″ 2-Way Car Speakers
About the Hertz CX 100
Hertz CX 100 Features & Specs
|Tweeter Design||0.9″ Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Semi-Pressed Paper reinforced|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||92|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||80 – 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||—|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||40|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||120|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 3/4|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||1 13/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||3 11/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.564|
This Product Features:
- Angled Tweeters: are mounted such that the tweeters can be directed toward the listeners to improve the experience. Additionally, these tweeters post rotates -approximately 270°, so you can direct the tweeters in any direction once they have been mounted
- Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and computer software to do a large-scale analysis of drivers in motion. The KDA helps Hertz optimize the speaker’s motor composition, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the stablest possible execution.
- 4/2 Hole Compatibility: In some vehicles, only two mounting screws are used and most use four. However, the CX 100 Series mounting tabs can be removed allowing the versatility of installation on either 4 or 2 hole applications.
Hertz CX 100 2-way excellence
These Hertz Cento Series CX 100 4″ 2-way car speakers employ a Tetolon dome tweeter designed to deliver superior dispersion. The semi-pressed paper and mica powder woofer cone uphold your music’s lower frequencies with accuracy and impact. Excellent damping is also key to the sound of these speakers — minimized resonance reduces distortion for Hertz’s famous truer-to-life sound. These are a great choice for the new enthusiast who’s ready to get serious about sound in their vehicle.
The Hertz philosophy
Hertz believes that a good speaker should enhance the emotional power of the music you love. That’s a high bar, but with their commitment to using premium components and boundary-pushing design, they’re more than up to challenge. A community of music lovers, Hertz is committed to optimizing your car’s sound system for total audio enjoyment.
Hertz CX 100 Features
- Soft Tetolon® fiber 24 mm (0.9 in.) dome tweeter cooled with ferrofluid, for extended and natural high frequencies.
- RHFC ™ (Rotary High-Frequency Contour) tweeter angled and directable to the listener for perfect frequency response in any installation scenario.
- Tweeter faceplate geometry optimized with FEM simulations (Finite Element Modeling), to provide extremely linear frequency response in off-axis installations.
- 25 mm (1 in.) woofer voice coil featuring an aluminum former to guarantee high excursion and power handling.
- 100 mm (5 in.) semi-pressed paper cone SPP-M (Semi Pressed Paper-Mica) enhanced with Mica powder for an excellent balance between lightness and damping.
- High-density flux ferrite magnet combined with low-carbon polar plates for reduced distortion at high power levels.
- Compact and transparent three-spoke basket acoustically combined with a rubber magnet cover for total damping of spurious vibrations.
- Elegant grille made with high-resistance ABS plastic structure with a metallic finish combined with a protective metal mesh, available as optional.
SPP-M (Semi Pressed Paper-Mica) cone enhanced with Mica powder for an excellent balance between lightness and damping.
RHFC™ (Rotary High-Frequency Contour) tweeter angled and directable to the listener for perfect frequency response in any installation scenario.
|Power Handling – Peak W||120|
|Power Handling – Continuous W||40|
|Frequency response Hz||80 ÷ 22k|
|Sensitivity dB SPL||92|
|Woofer size mm (in.)||100(4)|
|Tweeter size mm (in.)||24 (0.9)|
|Woofer Voice Coil Ø mm (in.)||25 (1)|
|Tweeter voice coil Ø mm (in.)||13 (0.5)|
|Woofer magnet||High-density flux ferrite|
|Woofer Cone||Semi-pressed paper + Mica|