Cento Series 6-1/2″ 2-Way Car Speakers
About the Hertz CPX 165 PRO
The Hertz CPX165 car audio coaxial provides the thrill of listening to the Hertz sound even when the vehicle does not allow the installation of a two-way kit. The Tetolon dome tweeter and Neodymium magnet are provided with off-axis dispersion features and exceptional frequency extension for a detailed, airy sound.
Radial Venting System technology ensures unparalleled cooling of the coil thanks to the eight holes at the base of the engine that allow air exchange with the tweeter support. This acts as a rear camera, sized for low Fs, to ensure a natural mid-range and allow a low-frequency crossover point with the woofer. The pressed-paper cone and the butyl rubber suspension offer an extended low-frequency response and an impressive punch. The Mille-inspired design basket features a dampened and protective rubber-coated magnet. The grille, available as optional, is made up of a durable high resistant ABS frame and metallic mesh protection.
Get Serious about Sound
You’re a huge fan of car music. It was unavoidable from the moment you updated your factory system, so what should be your next step? Hertz designed the Cento Pro Series for the young enthusiast who is ready to get serious about sound in their car. The CPX 165 6-1/2″ car speakers feature an advanced venting structure that supports ventilation while reducing distortion. As a result, the pressed paper woofer and butyl rubber surround provide superior low-end efficiency, while the Tetolon fiber dome tweeter easily provides pleasing highs.
|Power Handling – Peak W||285|
|Power Handling – Continuous W||95|
|Frequency response Hz||45 ÷ 22k|
|Sensitivity dB SPL||92|
|Woofer size mm (in.)||165 (6.5)|
|Woofer Voice Coil Ø mm (in.)||25 (1)|
|Tweeter voice coil Ø mm (in.)||20 (0.8)|
|Woofer magnet||High-density flux ferrite|
|Woofer Cone||Pressed-paper cone|
1. Soft Tetolon fiber dome tweeter featuring a 20 mm mobile voice coil cooled with ferrofluid, for natural and extended high frequencies.
2. Radial Venting System technology including 8 venting holes for an excellent cooling of the voice coil and a natural mid-range, featuring a low tweeter Fs, thanks to the air exchange with the support that acts as a large rear chamber
3. 25mm diameter pure copper coil to guarantee high excursions.
4. Pressed paper cone with FEM-optimized geometry combining rigidity and lightness for color-free sound.
5. High-density ferrite magnet in combination with low carbon polar plates for a reduced distortion at high power levels.
6. 3-spoke, compact and transparent basket acoustically combined with an anti-vibration rubber magnet cover for an overall damping of spurious vibrations.
7. Stylish grille with high resistance ABS plastic frame with metal finish combined with a protective metallic mesh.
Features & Specs of Hertz CPX165
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||0.9″ Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Pressed Paper|
|Woofer Surround||Butyl Rubber|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||92|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||45 – 22k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||—|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||95|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||285|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 5/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||2 13/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 9/16|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.704|
Hertz CPX165 Features
Size Classification Note: Some manufacturers, including Hertz, call this size speaker a 6-1/2″. Because it requires a larger cutout than a standard 6-1/2″ speaker, Crutchfield has traditionally referred to this size speaker as a 6-3/4″. Please enter your vehicle information to confirm fit.
Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses laser and computer software to do a large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, help Hertz optimize the speaker’s motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
Get serious about sound
It’s official — you’re into car audio in a major way. It was inevitable from the moment you first upgraded your factory system, but what’s the right next step? Hertz created their Cento Pro Series for the new enthusiast who’s ready to get serious about sound in their vehicle. These CPX 165 PRO 6-1/2″ car speakers employ an innovative venting structure that promotes cooling and prevents distortion. As a result, Hertz gets superior low-end performance from the pressed paper woofer and butyl rubber surround, while the Tetolon fiber dome tweeter effortlessly provides satisfying highs.
The Hertz philosophy
Hertz believes that a good speaker should enhance the emotional power of the music you love. That’s a high bar, but with their commitment to using premium components and boundary-pushing design, they’re more than up to challenge. A community of music lovers, Hertz is committed to optimizing your car’s sound system for total audio enjoyment.
Grilles are not included; the factory grilles should be suitable for most applications.
- 2-way car speakers (pair)
- 6-1/2″ pressed paper woofer with butyl rubber surround
- 15/16″ Tetolon dome tweeter
- handles up to 95 watts RMS (285 watts peak power)
- frequency range: 45-22,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- top-mount depth: 2-5/8″
- impedance: 4 ohms
- grilles not included
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CPX 165 PRO
What’s in the Hertz CPX165 box:
Hertz CPX 165 PRO owner’s manual
- Two 2-way Speakers
- Eight 3/4″ Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Owner’s manual (English/ Spanish/ French/ German/ Italian/ Portuguese/ 25 Others)
- Template on box