Hertz CPX 690
Cento Series 6″x9″ 3-Way Car Speakers
About the Hertz CPX 690 PRO
The three-way car audio coaxial Hertz CPX 690 is the best solution for enthusiasts who love highly dynamic listening with low engaging frequencies and want to make the most of the rear deck mount. Tweeter and Supertweeter both feature Neodymium magnet and Tetolon dome, 32 mm and 24 mm respectively. The stylish faceplate is designed to maximize off-axis emissions and thus optimizing horizontal installation. As for the CPX 165, the CPX 690’s Tweeter and Supertweeter boast Radial Venting System technology for outstanding cooling and acoustic performance. The robust basket with radial ventilation keeps operating temperatures low. The supplied grille is made of a high resistance ABS plastic support and metallic mesh to ensure a high level of protection with a Hi-tech design.
Upgrade your Sound System
It’s official — you’re into car audio in a major way. It was inevitable from the moment you first upgraded your factory system, but what’s the right next step? Hertz created their Cento Pro Series for the new enthusiast who’s ready to get serious about sound in their vehicle. These CPX 690 PRO 6″x9″ 3-way car speakers employ an innovative venting structure that promotes cooling and prevents distortion. As a result, Hertz gets superior low-end performance from the pressed paper woofer and butyl rubber surround, while the Tetolon fiber dome tweeter and super tweeter effortlessly provide satisfying highs.
Features & Specs pf Hertz CPX 690
|Tweeter Design||1.2″ Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Pressed Paper (Water-Repellent|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||94|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||N/A|
|Frequency Response||35 – 24k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||—|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||120|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||360|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||3 3/8|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||0|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.725|
Hertz CPX 690 Features
Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and computer software to do a large-scale analysis of drivers in motion. The KDA helps Hertz optimize the speaker’s motor composition, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the stablest possible execution.
Get serious about sound
That’s it! You have officially transitioned into car audio buff- and you’re hooked from the first time you switched!
The Cento Pro Series was created for the new fan diving into the life of car audio!
These CPX 690 PRO 6″x9″ 3-way car speakers operate an advanced venting structure that promotes cooling and prevents distortion.
From the pressed paper woofer and butyl rubber surround-Hertz gets superior low-end performance; while the Tetolon fiber dome tweeter and super tweeter easily produce pleasing highs end frequencies.
The Hertz View
In fact, to understand the love of sound is to understand Hertz’s philosophies. Hertz understands that a great speaker should draw out the emotional energy of the music you cherish, as a result- partnered with their commitment to using deluxe components and boundary-pushing engineering; they produce premium quality. Besides, music requires no compromise. Incorporated music lovers, Hertz is obliged to optimizing your vehicle sound system for complete audio delight.
finally, the Hertz CX 690 is the perfect speaker for the on-the-go music lover!
Grilles are not included; the factory grilles should be suitable for most applications.
- Pressed paper cone with FEM-optimized geometry combining rigidity and lightness for color-free sound.
2. Wide rubber suspension designed for along excursion and excellent sound damping.
3. High-density ferrite magnet in combination with low carbon polar plates for a reduced distortion at high power levels.
4. Metal finished basket combined with an anti-vibration rubber magnet cover for an overall damping of spurious vibrations.
5. Soft Tetolon fiber dome Neodymium tweeter featuring a 28 mm mobile voice coil, for distortion-free reproduction of mid-high frequencies.
6. Tetolon fiber Neodymium Supertweeter featuring a 20 mm mobile voice coil, to compensate for the natural fall of high-frequency response in horizontal installations.
7. Faceplate geometry optimized with FEM (Finite Element Modeling) technology for linear frequency response in off-axis installations.
8. Stylish grille with high resistance ABS plastic frame with metal finish combined with a protective metallic mesh.
- 3-way car speakers (pair)
- 6″x9″ pressed paper woofer with butyl rubber surround
- 1-1/4″ Tetolon dome tweeter and 15/16″ super tweeter
- handles up to 120 watts RMS (360 watts peak power)
- frequency range: 35-24,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- top-mount depth: 3-3/8″
- impedance: 4 ohms
- grilles not included
- warranty: 2 years
- MFR # CPX 690 PRO
What’s in the Hertz CPX 690 box:
Hertz CPX 690 PRO owner’s manual
- Two 3-way Speakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille mounting rings
- Grille putty
- Eight 3/4″ Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Owner’s manual (English/ Spanish/ French/ German/ Italian/ Portuguese/ 25 Others)
Hertz CPX 690 Data Table
|Power Handling – Peak W||360|
|Power Handling – Continuous W||120|
|Frequency response Hz||35 ÷ 24k|
|Sensitivity dB SPL||94|
|Woofer size mm (in.)||(6 x 9)|
|Tweeter size mm (in.)||32 (1.26)|
|Super tweeter size mm (in.)||24 (0.9)|
|Woofer Voice Coil Ø mm (in.)||30 (1.2)|
|Tweeter voice coil Ø mm (in.)||28 (1.1)|
|Woofer Cone||Water repellent pressed paper|