You’ve come to the right place if you need a tire change in Calgary. At Car Salon Tirecraft, you’ll find automotive specialists who are skilled, certified, and understand that performing professional maintenance and helping you make informed decisions.
Saves Time & Money!
We service all makes and models, from Grocery Getters to Sports Cars.
If you are searching for a specific snow tire by a tire manufacturer, use our handy shop for tires online widget for a complete list of the winter tire models that we have available and in stock right now by some of the best snow tire manufacturers. Studded snow tires, no problem – we have a huge selection of some of the best tires available.
Studdable tires are usually sold without studs. They must be acquired and installed separately.
Winter studs have a big diameter cylindrical base that is rooted in the tire tread and a tiny tungsten carbide button that stretches from the stud’s “effective” bottom. There are also hard rubber studs available.
Once mounted, the stud’s stud pin stretches approximately 1/32 “beyond the tire floor layer and operates to pierce icy roadways to provide additional traction. Think of the studs as punching and clawing into cold precipitation under wheel rotation.
Alternatively, some off-road truck studs have a screw design that lodges them into the tire tread.
Pros of Studded Tires
- Studded tires create a stable driving experience in challenging conditions.
- Navigate inclines safely while limiting speeds during descent.
- Studs allow you to handle severe winter weather conditions.
- Won’t damage your vehicle.
- Made from tungsten carbide.
Cons of Studded Tires
- Creates extra noise when you are driving on dry pavement.
- You must maintain two sets of tires.
- Studded tires cost slightly more per unit than regular tires.
- Not all studded tires are created at the factory. Ours are!
- All four of your tires should be studded tires.
Are studdable winter tires the “right” choice?
Studies demonstrate once again that a studded tire works best on snow while a studless offers the finest handling and traction on both snow-covered and dry pavement when the temperature is below zero.