Brake Inspection Flush
Brake Inspection Flush your brake fluid requires regular service because it becomes contaminated by moisture. Moisture contamination lowers the boiling point of your brake fluid, so, even under ordinary driving conditions, it could cause the fluid to boil and turn to a vapor in your brake system. Moisture contamination can also result in very costly repairs. Costing you thousands if you have ABS brakes. When moisture-contaminated brake fluid reaches very high temperatures. The electrochemical reaction makes the fluid highly acidic. The acid breaks down the steel lines and rubber hoses and can cause early failure of the cast iron and aluminum components that make up your brake system.
Brake Inspection, Flush includes:
- Check brake fluid for moisture and contamination.
- Inspect all hydraulic lines and hoses.
- Inspect calipers and wheel cylinders.
- Inspect master cylinder and cap.
- Clean dirt and old fluid out of the master cylinder.
- Flush old fluid out of the master cylinder, calipers, and wheel calipers until clean.
- Add new brake fluid to master cylinder as needed.
- Road test vehicle for proper brake operation.
- Brake Inspection Flush.
- Havoline oil.
Brake Inspection Flush includes:
- Visually inspect the hydraulic system for leaks and condition.
- Remove all wheels and inspect brake linings, brake hardware, and wheel cylinders.
- Remove brake dust and deglaze brake shoes.
- Adjust brakes.
- Adjust parking brake.
- Lubricate backing plate and adjust hardware.
Brake System Service
1) complete system inspection.
2) Remove old fluid with contaminants.
3) Installation of new fluids.
Clean fluid reservoir, flush out contaminated fluid and replace with new fluid. Inspect pads for even wear. Verify system operation.
Brake fluid is formulated with corrosion inhibitors to protect the hydraulic system. Over time these inhibitors are depleted reducing the protection they afford. This causes corrosion of the internal components to begin.
Corrosion will pit the metal bores of the master cylinder and ABS components. This means that pistons cannot move freely, seals can be damaged and cylinders can develop internal or external leaks which will result in brake system failure and costly repairs. To maximize efficiency it is recommended to test the fluid every 24,000 km and flush the system every 2 years or 48,000 km.
– Help’s to prevent costly brake repairs caused by corrosion in the system.
– Helps to prevent leaking wheel cylinders and seals: sticking calipers that cause premature wearing of brake pads and shoes, etc.
– reduces the risk of fluid failure.
1) Complete system inspection where applicable, which includes a thorough inspection of crown and pinion gears, side gears, and bearings.
2) Drain all fluids and contaminants, flush out differential, bearings, and gears as best as possible.
3) Reseal differential cover where applicable.
4) Install new fluid with a performance additive that improves performance levels of Havoline GL-5 and MIL-L2105c lubricates to GL-5 standards.
Removal of inspection plate, clean out contaminants of gears ( If Applicable) thoroughly clean and install new oil fortified with the shear stable lubricants.
The most common cause of front and rear axle failure is ferrous metal contamination that destroys seals, bearings, and gears. These systems do not have any form of filtration to protect the system. Therefore regular Differential Service of the fluids is vital to maintaining the operation of the system. To maximize the efficiency of the front and rear axles it is recommended to perform this differential service every 2 years or 48,000 km. The Car Salon Tire and Auto Center are here to help.
– Extends front & rear axle life. Promotes smooth and consistent operation. Reduces drive-train noises.
– The additive enhances thermal stability and provides superior protection for extreme pressure applications.
Your Vehicle Manufacturer Recommends Differential Fluid Changes.
As there is often not an easy, convenient and quick method for changing differential fluid, the service is often neglected. Such neglect can contribute to poor differential performance, premature wear, noise and even premature failure. As changing the used fluid in manual transmissions and transfer cases can be a similarly tedious process. Fluid changes are also often neglected, possibly leading to the same kinds of long-term problems, including poor performance, premature wear, and possible failure.
Many vehicle manufacturers recommend changing differential gear oil as often
as 25,000 Km’s to 50,000 Km’s, or sooner. Manufacturer’s recommendations may
vary. See your owners manual for your vehicle’s requirements.
Fuel System Service
Fuel System Service Protect Your Investment
Since your car was new, dirt varnishes and carbon deposits have been forming in your vehicle’s fuel system, on the intake valves, and in the combustion areas. These contaminants can rob your vehicle or performance, fuel economy, increase harmful emissions and could lead to costly engine repairs if left untreated. Fuel System Service could be your solution.
When you drive, do you.
Notice a loss in acceleration or power?
- Notice your engine hesitating, idling rough or stalling.
- Get fewer miles of driving per gallon of gasoline?
- Do you worry that you may not pass your next smog test?
- Fuel System Service.
When the engine is contaminated with carbon deposits, gum and varnish, your car’s ability to drive smoothly and cleanly are compromised. Traditional tune-ups can’t fix these problems.
Motorvac Carbon Clean Service
This Automotive Maintenance and Repair Association(AMRA) recommends a fuel-system cleaning once every 24,000 to 48,000 km depending on driving conditions and driver’s habits. Cleaning your car’s fuel system is the best way to keep it driving as it should. The MotorVac CarbonClean service is the most complete and effective fuel system cleaning service
Fuel/Air Induction Service
Problem: Deposits accumulate on intake valves, injectors, ports, fuel injectors and combustion chambers causing loss of power, rough idle, hesitation, misfire, pinging, knocking, mileage and hard starting its time for a Fuel System Service.
Solution: • Clean fuel injectors • Clean throttle body • Clean plenum and air-intake • Clean intake valves and ports • Remove combustion chamber deposits • Correct balance of fuel and air in the system its time for a Fuel System Service.
Result: • Reduced emissions • Restored horsepower • Increased fuel economy • Starts and idles smooth and runs quieter
Problem: The Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve is clogged causing loss of power. If neglected a costly repair bill is imminent.
Solution: Remove EGR valve and attach a specialized tool at the EGR port, where a carbon-attacking chemical eliminates carbon build-up.
Engine FlushService Includes:
1) Add internal engine cleaner to engine oil and run 15 minutes
2) replace filter and Lube Chassis
3) Up to 5 Liters of oil
The Car Salon Tire and Auto Service center in Calgary, Alberta we do engine flush with a professional quality engine oil cleaner to the old oil which softens the crankcase deposits and removes them when the old oil is drained. This maintains a cleaner engine maximizing performance. and engine life substantially longer. Ask about the benefits of our oil additive.
Regular engine flushes combined with emission services maintain a cleaner engine, reducing wear, oil consumption, and emission levels. Sludge build up inside an engine, causes premature wear and oil breakdown. Moisture and crankcase deposits are drawn into the engine’s intake system (via PCV valve) coating sensors, fuel injector tips and forming major deposits on the valve seats and combustion chambers. The result is poor vehicle performance with excessive emissions and costly repairs. In order to maximize efficiency, it is recommended to flush engine once a year, every 24,000 km. or as required.
Havoline Engine Flush
is an engine cleaner with special additives that will not harm the engine or any parts of the engine.
HavolineEngine Flush cleans oil pathways to improve oil flow to critical engine components as well as reduces sludge and other harmful deposits from the engine and oil pan.
HavolineEngine Flush Applications
HavolineEngine Flush is a special formulation designed to dissolve sludge and clean the crankcase to enhance the life of the fresh engine oil.
HavolineEngine Flush is mixed with the used motor oil and allowed to clean for 20-30 minutes (depending on the severity of the contamination) in an idling engine.
Since Havoline Engine Flush contains no chlorinated solvents, it is safe for use with gaskets, engine, ring seating, valve guides, and other seals. Does not contain additives that can adversely affect engine oils.
Power Steering Service
At one time or another, most drivers encounter a power steering problem with their car – anything from fluid leaks or noise, too stiff steering or hard turning after first starting the car. Normal driving eventually causes your power steering fluid to suffer from heat, friction and electrochemical degradation. The high pressure created when you hold hard turns is especially damaging.
Your power steering fluid, which starts out clear, eventually turns dark with age. Sludge and varnish deposits build up in your power steering system and prevent easy turning and responsive handling that you expect from your vehicle
Power Steering Service
– Extends power steering and rack and pinion life
– Helps to prevent costly repairs
– Reduces pump noises
Power Steering Flush includes:
- Road test for power steering operation
- Inspect system for leaks
- Flush power steering lines
- Flush power steering pump
- Flush power steering rack and pinion and/or gearbox
- Thoroughly clean all internal parts
- Flush out all contaminated power steering fluid and replace with clean fluid
- Install power steering additive to revitalize seals and o-rings
- Road test vehicle for proper power steering operation
Nearly nine out of ten transmission failures are due to overheating and fluid contamination. Just like the oil in your car engine, automatic transmission fluid ( ATF ) suffers from heat, friction and electrochemical degradation. Once this process starts, your transmission’s vital parts begin to clog with sludge and varnish deposits.
If your vehicle’s transmission is showing any of the typical signs of contaminated transmission fluid – slippage or rough or hard shifting – try this service. It may help you avoid the cost of major repair work or even prevent the need for a new transmission.
Transmission Fluid Exchange includes:
- Road test for engine performance, transmission operation, and shift patterns.
- Flush transmission cooler and cooler lines.
- Flush transmission valve body.
- Flush transmission torque converter.
- Thoroughly clean all internal parts.
- Flush out all contaminated transmission fluid and replace with clean fluid.
- Install transmission additive to revitalize transmission seals and o-rings.
- Road test vehicle for proper transmission operation.
- Top off transmission fluid.
Transmission Service includes:
- Road test for engine performance, transmission operation and shift patterns.
- Inspect condition of transmission fluid.
- Inspect transmission mounts and linkage.
- Inspect transmission and transmission cooler for leaks.
- Remove transmission pan, replace filter and pan gasket and clean transmission pan.
- Adjust bands and throttle linkage as required.
- Flush transmission cooler as required.
- Top off transmission fluid.
- Transmission Service.
No matter if you have a problem with your standard transmission, automatic transmission, CVT (continuously variable transmission), transfer case, differential, or 4X4 system, we can diagnose and repair it and get you on your way again.
Havoline oil nothing but the best.
Wheel alignments are the specific adjustments made to your vehicle’s suspension to optimize ride, handling and steering characteristics. Each manufacturer specifies precise settings to achieve the maximum performance from their vehicle.
Whenever you impact a curb or pothole hard, the alignment should be checked before unusual tire wear is detected, which may result in premature tire replacement. If you experience steering or handling problems, such as loose steering, steering wheel off-center, or steering changes direction after hitting bumps, you should have the alignment checked as part of the diagnostic procedure.
Wheel Alignments includes:
- Comprehensive suspension components, steering components and ride height inspection.
- Angle readings are measured at all four wheels.
- Rear wheels are set to specification if adjustable.
- Front wheels are referenced to rear thrust line and set to specifications
- The steering wheels is centered
Thrust Alignment includes:
Same as above plus compensate for rear wheel tracking.
Four Wheel Alignments includes:
Same as above plus set rear wheel camber and toe-in, as provided by the manufacturer
Result: All four wheels are parallel and the steering wheel is centered.
Does your car pull to one side? Does the steering wheel vibrate? Do you constantly have to move the steering wheels to keep your car traveling straight ahead? Many handling problems can be corrected by total alignment. With all the system components aligned properly, road shock is more efficiently absorbed for a smoother ride. Improper alignment is a major cause of premature tire wear. Over the years, a properly aligned vehicle can add thousands of km to tire life. Just as important to tire life, proper alignment also extends front steering and suspension component life. Gas mileage increases as rolling resistance decreases. Total alignment sets all four wheels parallel which, along with proper inflation, minimizes rolling resistance. A wheel alignment should be performed once a year of 24,000 km. whichever comes first.
- Improves handling of the vehicle.
- Reduced tire wear.
- Safer driving.
- Better fuel economy
Tire Repairs & Replacements
Repair or Replace? Know when to have your tires repaired or replaced. If a tire loses its air pressure, it must be removed from the wheel for a complete internal inspection to be sure it is not damaged. Tires that are run a short distance, while flat, often become damaged beyond repair.
Most punctures, nail holes, or cuts up to ¼-inch can be repaired by a The Car Salon associate in Calgary, Alberta as long as the damage is confined to the tread. Tread with punctures larger than ¼-inch, any sidewall punctures, or tires which are worn below 1/16-inch of tread depth, are not generally repairable and need to be replaced
Mounting and Tire Balancing
For the proper mounting of tires and wheels not purchased as a pre-mounted Tire & Wheel Package, be sure to observe some basic precautions:
- Mounting and balancing should be done by a professional, using equipment designed for the job
- Both tire beads are securely mounted
- The wheel is not bent or damaged
- There is no buildup of dirt between the hub and the wheel
- All of the lugs have been properly torqued
- The wheel is securely seated on the hub
- Tire Balancing
The definition of balance is the uniform distribution of mass about an axis of rotation, where the center of gravity is in the same location as the center of rotation. In English, that would translate to…A balanced tire is when the mass of the tire, when mounted on its wheel and the car’s axle, is uniformly distributed around the axle. Even easier yet, how about…there are no heavy spots.
Balanced tires can be the difference between a good or bad driving experience. Some cars (and drivers) are more sensitive to an out of balance tire than others, but no one is happy with a vibration.Read less
An out of balance tire can adversely affect ride quality, shorten the life of your tires, bearings, shocks and other suspension components. If you have a vibration that is dependent on speed, and usually becomes noticeable around 70 to 90 Km’s and increases as your speed increases, it’s probably balance related. tire balancing should be considered. The other primary cause of vibrations is that the tire and wheel assembly isn’t perfectly round. Face it, if we go out far enough past the decimal point, nothing is perfectly round. This includes your wheels and tires. The problem is when the high spot on the tire, and the high spot on the wheel end up being matched to each other. This effectively doubles the amount of “hop” or run out. If re-balancing doesn’t cure the vibration problem, have your professional installer check the run out of the tire. If there is a “hop”, many times the problem can be fixed by simply rotating the tire on the wheel slightly. The technician should loosen the tire on the wheel, and turn it 180 degrees, and re- inflate the tire after re-lubricating the bead. The run out should be significantly reduced or eliminated, and if it’s not, try it again, but this time rotate only 90 degrees, and if that doesn’t work, try 180 degrees on the third try. Done this way, the high spot on the tire has been tried at each quarter of the wheel. At one of those points, the tire should be good and round. At that point, rebalance the tire, and go for a test drive. If the vibration persists, the problem is either in the tire, or elsewhere in the vehicle.
Why rotate your tires?
The Car Salon Tire and Auto Center in Calgary, Alberta suggest to get the most life out of your tires, we are experts and recommend rotating your tires regularly. Front and rear tires wear differently; for example, the front tires carry more than 60% of your car’s weight. As a result, front tires wear down faster than the rear ones. Turning wears the front tires at different rates as left turns are usually taken faster than right ones. This puts more load on the right front tire, resulting in the right tire wearing faster than the left.
Tire rotations equalize these natural wear patterns by changing the positions of your tires. By rotating your tires regularly, you’ll ensure yourself a smoother and safer ride. More importantly, you’llsave money in the long run by extending the life of your tires.
How often should you rotate your tires?
Check your car’s owner’s manual for the recommended tire rotation schedule. Most manufacturers recommend that you rotate your tires every 10,000km or every 2nd oil change. We at The Car Salon Tire and Auto Center in Calgary, Alberta offer all automotive services from tire rotations to all other automotive services.